2

Author: I just realized that I spelled Aonung wrong the whole time last chapter. :') Anyways This is chapter 2 of 'From Here to Eternity'!

Neteyam POV:

It was sunset. Hours has past since Aonung stormed away from the group. Neteyam, still unsure why, wanted to apologized for whatever he did or said. He had to do it before dinner or else it would be awkward between the two of them. The Sully family was going to have a dinner at Olo'eyktan's hut with his family. Neteyam decided an hour before the dinner was perfect to apologize. And so he did. Neteyam left the hut saying bye to Neytiri and Tuk as he walked along the path to search for Aonung. Neteyam searched left and right for him. Up and down. Side to side. Wave to wave. Beach to Beach. No sign of him. Neteyam was starting to get frustrated but forced that behavior down. He decided to look towards the beaches again. 

Neteyam went down to the beach and decided to look towards the big rocks, where Neteyam did not search. Neteyam climbed up the big boulders and tried to see where Aonung was. Before he got the chance to, he hand slipped and down onto the shady beach he went. Neteyam hit the ground with a thud. 

"Nice entrance alien freak." it was Aonung. right next to where Neteyam fell. Neteyam quickly got up and brushed the sand minerals off of his body. Neteyam smiled awkwardly and saw that Aonung was leaning on the rock Neteyam fell down from. 

"Did you see me climb the rock and fall?" Neteyam asked, embarrassed. Aonung rolled his eyes and gave a look while crossing his arms. 

"Obviously. What do you want anyway?"Aonung asked with an annoyed voice and an impatient tone. Neteyam looked at him. 

"Well, I just wanted to say I was sorry, for whatever I did. I didn't know it was a sensitive topic to you. Even if it wasn't I am still sorry. I just really wanted to get to know you better since, well we just got here and-" Neteyam rambled on and on about it. How he was sorry. Aonung eventually got annoyed. He got up from leaning against the rock and walked up to Neteyam. Of course Neteyam didn't notice because he kept on rambling. Aonung silenced him by placing a finger on Neteyam's lips, making Neteyam freeze. 

"I get it. I haven't been the most...friendliest person so I apologize as well." Aonung admitted, removing his finger from Neteyam's lips. Aonung could've sworn he saw a hint of blush on his face. Neteyam smiled back. 

"Want to go ride my Ilu right now?" Aonung asked. Neteyam looked, shocked. He was about to say sure but Aonung interrupted. "uh ONLY because you and the others were expected to bond with an Ilu by tomorrow...so I wanted you to experience it first!" Aonung hurriedly explained. Neteyam laughed, almost silently. 

"I was going to say yes anyway. You didn't need to ramble on and on and on and on and on and on and on and-" Neteyam started. 

"Ok! That's enough! I get what you wanted to say. We still have half an hour to go until dinner started." Aonung said. "let's go." Aonung  went over to the water and Neteyam followed. Aonung called over his Ilu by making clicking sounds that only his Ilu recognized. 

"Come on! Sit behind me and grab on. The Ilu is gonna go a bit slow since its only your first time on an Ilu." Aonoung explained. Neteyam nodded and hopped onto the Ilu and held onto his shoulders. Aonung gave some instructions for the Ilu to follow and it did. The Ilu started going slow but it was relaxing. Neteyam bet that the Ilu was also relaxed as it floated long the water. If it kept going like this, Neteyam would've fell asleep due to all the swimming and training today. It was hard to keep up with Tsireya and the others. 

Neteyam felt himself drifting off. His eye-bags felt heavy as he subconsciously get his head fall onto Aonungs shoulder. The last thing Neteyam saw was the sunset with Aonung staring at it too.