4

Aonung POV:

After the incident with Lo'ak, Aonung felt disappointed.In himself. Even his father gave a big sigh when he saw Aonung in the morning. That just made Aonung feel even more disappointed. There goes his self-esteem I guess. He still did apologize to Lo'ak, and the whole Sully family. They all accepted his apology, Kiri just side-eyed him. Like he was nothing but a piece of garbage. Aonung sat down on the beach, right in front of the gentle tides and wides as they washed up and back again. The sun was setting just above the horizon. The sky turning a bright orange and a hint of yellow as it sank lower and lower. Aonugn sat there, thinking of who knows what. Aonung's ears perked up as he heard sand brush against his legs. Neteyam. Neteyam sat down beside Aonung and looked towards the sunset as well.

"What are you thinking about Aonung?" Neteyam asked, diverting his attention to Aonung. Aonung looked down at the tides and then looked at Neteyam, meeting eye contact. 

"Its just...I was thinking that...um...Lo'ak doesn't...really forgive me! Mhm yes uh yeah..." Aonung said vaguely. Neteyam looked at him with a confused face. "Didn't you apologize like a thousand times?" Neteyam exclaimed jokingly. Aonung gave a dry laugh. 

"Is that really what you were thinking?" Neteyam asked. Aonung nodded, almost genuinely. Neteyam just nodded in return. Neteyam started to get up and Aonung stood up too. Neteyam started to walk off before turning his head back around. 

"You sure you don't need anything?" Neteyam asked. Before Neteyam could turn back around, Aonung tugged on his wrist. Just enough to make Neteyam fall into his arms. Their lips connected. Neteyam was shocked up returned it. Aonung's hand traveled from Neteyam's waist up to his face, caressing it. They both opened their eyes as their lips departed from each other. Neteyam's cheeks heated up and dug his face into Aonung's neck, hiding his face. Aonung's hand went to Neteyam's waist again. 

"I-I, like you too..." Neteyam mumbled into Aonung's neck. Aonung smiled and kissed his cheek. "I hoped you would..." Aonung replied. They hugged each other for a moment before Neteyam smiled and began to walk back to his hut. Aonung held his hand and then released his small hand as Neteyam left the beach. Aonung just stood there before realization hit him in the head like a million shells. 

"Why did I do that? Why did I do that? WhydidIdothat???!" Aonung exclaimed. Hands clutching his head and blushed. He stood there at the sunset for a bit longer before walking back to his hut.

The next morning...

Aonung walked to the main room and met with his father, Tonowari. tonowari gestured for him to sit down and have a talk with him. Aonung crouched down in front of him. 

"I know you had trouble with the talk we had yesterday, but I need you to make a choice." Tonowari said with a stern eye. 

"It doesn't sound like much of a choice." Aonung mumbled, still making eye contact with his father. Tonowari sighed.

"How does restarting your more advanced training today?" Tonowari suggested. Aonung hesitated but nodded, there wasn't much of anything to do anyway. Tonowari gave a sight smile.  "Remember, during your training, you can't meet for play with anyone, you need to focus on your training." Aonung looked at him, almost in shock. He didn't mind not making contact with anyone but that was before. Now... he actually has friends other than his family and Roxto. Like Neteyam, he was his friend, or maybe even more. Aonung just nodded in agreement. 

Aonung walked out of his hut and walked along the beach, waiting for his father when he made eye contact with a certain Na'vi. Neteyam saw him and smiled, walked over to him.

Aonung had a cheeky smiled and kissed his forehead, making sure no one was around to see them. 

"What are you going to do today Aonung? If your not busy we can go and ride our Ilus?" Neteyam asked looking from side to side. Aonung didn't want to disappoint him but he had to know. 

"I'm sorry Nete, I have some training to do today. It's for my future as Chief, my father said I needed to train." Aonung said. "But I'm sure we can hang out some other day." Neteyam understood and nodded. 

Neteyam POV: 

But that was a certain lie. Day after day after week after months, Aonung hasn't had time to make space for Neteyam at all. Just nonstop training. Neteyam just stood to the side and didn't want to say anything. He didn't feel like it was his place. they exchanged kisses and hugs from time to time but never really had time to hang out with each other. Neteyam felt like they were becoming more distant than they wanted to. Neteyam wanted to talk to him about it, so he went to find Aonung.

He walked past on beach and found Aonung. But not alone. He was talking to another girl. She was stunning, her wavy locks slid down her shoulders, half in a bun. They were talking and they eventually hugged. Aonung's eyes were closes, the girl's was too. Neteyam felt like he was being struck in the heart.

He felt like his heart was bleeding, trailing down and around his body. Neteyam felt hot tears reach his eyes. Neteyam was starting to have a unsteady breath. One large and multiple small breaths. 

"I thought we had something. Something special. Is this what it's supposed to feel like?" Neteyam asked himself silently. Neteyam held his hands to his chests. Turned around and ran, not caring where he went. His tears for practically flying past him. His breath starting to quicken. Neteyam took a stumble and bumped into a taller figure. Neytiri. Neytiri was stunned when she felt something bump into her. Neytiri's eyes widened a bit and held Neteyam's face covered in tears with her hands. Tuk was beside her. 

"What is wrong Neteyam? Tell me what happened." Neytiri asked, her voice full of worry. Tuk held Neteyams hand, Neteyam clutched her small hand in his and continued weeping. Neteyam felt his throat dry. He couldn't speak. He tried but all that came out was another sob. Neytiri put his head into her shoulder. Tuk still comforting Neteyam with all she could. 

"Lets go back to the hut. You look tired." Neteyam was tired. His eyes felt heavy, his vision was blurry, covered in tears. Once they arrived at the hut, before Jake would say anything, Neteyam ran to his hammock and laid there. Tuk wanted to climb into the Hammock with him and comfort him. Neytiri held her back.

"He needs his space, let him rest, we talk tomorrow." Neytiri gestured towards Jake and sat down beside him, Lo'ak, and Kiri.

Neteyam held himself and cried silently to sleep. 

(I'm sorry! I'm not really good at writing romantic scenes. I will try to do better next time!)