6

Neteyam POV:

Neteyam stormed off, not caring where he went, just somewhere where he could be alone. Neteyam heard Lo'ak calling after him but it sounded quite far away. Neteyam found a small part  of the beach behind some tall rocks so he hid there. He didn't consider it as hiding though. 

Neteyam climbed over the rocks and fell down into the sand. His eyes felt dry. He couldn't cry anymore. Neteyam could still hear Lo'ak calling after him but it sounded like he didn't know where he was. Neteyam stared up into the sky for as long as he could. It was getting darker and darker by the minute. 

Neteyam was too tired to move, his throat felt dry, he couldn't feel his face or arms or legs. All he could do was lay there in the sand, listening to the waves crash onto the shores. This continued on for hours until Neteyam's eyes felt heavier and heavier. Neteyam dozed off, the last thing he heard was the rustling of the bushes behind him. 

It felt like hours since he dozed off. It was dreamless, but not thoughtless. He could feel every time the cold wind brushed past him. He kept on thinking and thinking but he didn't know what he was thinking. His mind was being overwhelmed with thoughts. He felt himself shiver. He could't feel any sort of warmth, inside or outside. 

Neteyam felt it all wash away when he felt a spark of warmth. A spark turned into a spot, a spot turned into a whole. Neteyam all of a sudden stopped thinking. He couldn't. He felt his head being lifted up and being setted onto something else. That was all he felt before he woke up to a familiar face, Aonung. 

Aonung's eyes were semi-wide. He looked like he didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to say. Neteyam just looked at him, with the same feeling but more relaxed. He wanted to get up from Aonung but the other part of him was saying to stay and embrace it. So that's what he did. 

"Can I explain? Please?" Aonung's voice was gentle but raspy. Neteyam's throat still felt dry so he just nodded in response. Aonung took a deep breath before explaining. "That girl's name was Hayeni. It was my fathers choice of my mate.. He said to spend more time with each other and get to know each other better. I don't like her in that way. I don't think she does either. I thought if I just went with what my father told me, people around me wouldn't get hurt. Like what happened with Lo'ak. But wow, was I wrong. I'm sorry Nete. I just thought-" Neteyam gently but partly roughly hit him on the leg. 

"Hey?! What was that for?" Aonung exclaimed, Neteyam still laying on his chest. Neteyam smiled a bit and gave him a peck on the cheek. Aonung's face immediately heated up, surprised of the sudden gesture. Aonung soon smiled back and returned the kiss. 

Neteyam wanted to say something but couldn't. His throat was too dry. "Oh yeah, I brought some water with me." Aonung said as he reached out and grabbed a jug of water. Neteyam gladly took it and downed the water in one go. After an inhale and an exhale, Neteaym spoke. 

"Thanks for explaining Nung, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions either...Are you still going to spend time with Hayeni?" Neteyam asked. Aonung smiled at the nickname but then it turned into a slight frown. 

"I don't know. But I will try to walk to my father about it." Aonung spoke in a soft voice. Neteyam nodded and continued resting his head onto Aonung's chest. 

"Do you want to go swimming?" Neteyam asked. Aonung delightedly nodded and stood up with Neteyam following. Aonung leaped into the water and urged Neteyam to come along. Neteyam went into the water as well. 

The two swam around the reef, observing every coral and sea animal they could find. They some how got the idea of playing tag underwater without telling each other. Aonung was faster than Neteyam because of his tail but that didn't stop Neteyam from speeding into Aonung. 

This went on and on, almost till lunch. The two chased each other out of the water and onto the sand. Tackling each other over and over again. They laughed, chased, tumbled, tackled until they heard Tonowari's voice from a distance, calling for Aonung's name. 

"Oh...uh, I have to go, I will talk to him about...you know." Aonung said before giving Neteyam a kiss and then running off over to find his father. Neteyam smiled and just stood there before realizing he had an empty stomach. 

"How did I not realize that until now?" Neteyam thought. He went over to his hut and got pushed to the floor by an energetic little one. And got surrounded by many concerned faces.