A dragon and a monkey

The Dragon of the West family were well known and well respected by both demon and human kind. Demons saw their power and knew when to stay away. Humans saw their wealth and gave them their status in the political world. The family was prestige as well, always being seen with fancy robes, clean faces, and restrained attitudes. They lived lives of luxury that would make even the richest mortals jealous, always having access to the newest advances in both demon and human kind. They also helped stop many conflicts from arising in both the Upper and Lower realms, being solely responsible that a 4th realm war hasn't happened yet. They were known to be tight around their beliefs and made sure to respect their ancestors. Overall, the Dragon family had everything someone could want. So why was the eldest daughter and heir of the Dragon name running away from home covered in dirt? 

Mei Dragon was unlike her family. She was brash, she liked playing in the dirt, she liked to eat large amounts of food, she dressed in common clothes like jackets and ripped pants, she rarely visited her ancestors' alters. She was exactly the opposite of her family. Given how she was the heir, her parents had tried multiple times to "correct her behavior." They set her up with countless private teachers and gave her old videos on how to be a "proper lady," but Mei never paid attention. Her attention was on the newest games she could get on her phone, which she kind of stole the money for from her parents, and never actually watched the videos given to her. She knew that the way she acted was not what her parents wanted as she could hear the arguing of the two all the way from her room. They would say such hurtful things like, "She's such a dunce," or, "Why can't she just grow up and act her age?" or even, "Are we really sure we picked up the correct baby from the hospital rooms?" It all came to a head the night before her 10th birthday, when she heard her parents arguing about her again.

"She just can't be taught, I honestly think we should just give up on it," Her mother stated.

"Nonsense, she is only refusing our word because she knows it annoys us. Honey, we cannot risk our status being in danger, think of the consequences of what could happen when everyone discovers that our heir is a good for nothing cluts," Her dad said with venom. 

Mei didn't know what else was said, considering that she was already out of her window, bag of belongings on her back, by the time they were done. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////