What is he cookin'?

Pigsy ran his hand across his face, the attempt of staying awake not helping all too much. He glared angrily at the paper in front of him, its words taunting and foreboding.

Dear Zhu Hog,

We would like to inform you that it has come to our attention that you have 2 unregistered individuals within your household. We at the Megapolis Police Department do not suspect you of illegal trafficking; However, we do request that you provide some form of official documents to prove guardianship of the 2. If you do not have such documents then you may acquire some at the Megapolis Bank. If you do not provide any documents within the next 20 days, then we will be forced to take action against you.

-The Megapolis Legal Department

"Stupid government and their stupid rules," Pigsy found himself muttering, wanting nothing more than to crumble up the piece of processed wood and forget about it. But he knew that he needed something, otherwise his the kids would be in major trouble. Oh, and also his business.

Tang entered their room by slamming the door open, nearly stopping Pigsy's heart, "Heya Pigsy, how's it going?"

"JEBUS CHRISTMAS!" Pigsy shouted through clenched teeth, "D-Don't do that Tang, you're going to give me a heart attack one of these days, I know it," Tang just gave a hearty laugh at that before walking over to the hog.

"Yeah yeah, anyways I brought you some snacks," Tang presented some instant noodles to his snout, earning an eye roll. Pigsy didn't say anything as he took the cup and chopsticks from his friend(?). He didn't like to eat such junk food often, but he did tolerate them when he needed something quick. As Pigsy started chowing down, Tang noticed the paper on the desk and frowned at it. "What's that?" Tang questioned, pointing towards the note.

"*Scarf* Hm? Oh, yeah, that," Pigsy went back to his sour mood at being reminded of the situation. "Apparently the government doesn't like us keeping Mk and Mei without having some "legal documents." Like, seriously, why the hell not?" Tang gave a frustrated huff at Pigsy's words.

"Humans work in mysterious ways I suppose," Tang replied as he skimmed over the note.

"I mean, if they were anyone else then maybe it would be easy... But, y'know, it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation," Pigsy said. He saw Tang give an eyebrow raise, causing Pigsy to continue. "If we don't give something to 'em, then they'll think we're harboring illegal people and shut us down, and possibly arrest us. Not to mention that they'll most likely figure out who Mei is and send her back to her parents. And if we try to get any legal documents then they'll still figure out who Mei is, because of some stupid blood tests I heard about, and send her back and arrest us for probably "kidnapping" her," Pigsy sat down onto his king sized back and tossed the empty cup and sticks into the trash bin next to him.

"... Well why didn't you say so?" Tang said with a criminal smirk.

"Because I didn't want to worry anyone else ab- Wait what're you-" Pigsy was cut off as an orange flame appeared in Tang's hands. The flame danced around until it took on 2 identical forms; Papers. "Did you forget what kind of demon I am? Legal stuff is kind of my thing," Tang explained before handing the papers over to Pigsy. The pig scanned over the pieces of parchments, his amazement skyrocketing as he read over them. They were "legal documents" for both Mk and Mei, down to their blood types.

"W-Wow, that's impressive," Pigsy muttered before letting out a sigh, "ugh, guess that means I owe you one?"

"What? Oh no no no no Pigsy, this one's on the house," Tang said with a wink before his expression shifted slightly, "I-I don't want to lose them either. They are, perhaps, the second best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Huh? Second best?" Pigsy gave a confused head turn, before the realization hit him like his own truck that one time. His cheeks turned rose as he turned his head away, "J-Just get out,"

"Alrighty then," Tang said with a smile. He turned around and left the room, accidentally slamming the door once more.

"Grr, I'll make him sorry if he slams that damn thing one more time," Pigsy growled to himself before looking down at the papers in his hands. They were truly immaculate, nothing out of place. The government wouldn't know the difference, at least he hopes they won't. But knowing them, they'd probably just see that it was good enough and toss them away somewhere. But as he looked over them again, he noticed the words Guardians on them, and so he read it.

Guardians: Zhu Hog & Mr. Tang

So, by giving this paper to the government, he would be realized as Mk and Mei's legal guardian, alongside Tang... And that oddly sounded right to him. But he's been their guardian for much longer "illegally" in the eyes of the law, so this wouldn't change a thing.