My bestie

It's been about a month and while I love talking to my new friend, she scares me with how often she asks if I have someone I like. I get the feeling she likes someone, so I asked if she did because I haven't met anyone I like yet.

Today is the day she told me she does like someone, but it's her brothers' best friend. I swear, she said her brother's name is Mikey and I feel as if I am totally forgetting something. I responded to her when she asked me what to do to get the guy she liked to notice her. I guess saying tell him, wasn't something that can be done? I don't get it though. How is he supposed to know?

The last letter I actually ended up sending her some more personal info, like my number and email address. Yeah, she's in Japan and I'm in the states, but I was just gonna stay up and watch TV or read anyway. Sleep is clearly for the weak.

At least it is when I am really invested in what I am doing. Or watching. Or procrastinating.

Speaking of email, I haven't checked today yet. I wonder if she OH MY GOSJWSKLFH SHE EMAILED ME ALREADY!

She sent me pictures of things in her daily life. It looked like it was so much fun and she had a bunch of interesting dudes around her. I didn't have to ask which one she likes though. I wonder why she won't tell him...

I decided to send some pictures of my own. I even took a picture of my "how many times I have found the hidden candy bowl" scoreboard. Eh, it may be ridiculous, but I'm proud of it. I took a picture of me too. I didn't check most of the pictures until I was uploading them. I noticed the picture I took of me with my back to the window, had that black cat behind the glass.

Yes, it should be creepy. Maybe it is. But I LOOK SO COOL SO I'M GONNA SEND IT ANYWAY.

I clicked send and looked at the clock. She sent the email late last night, so I think for her, it should be tomorrow, August 14th.

I suddenly shivered. Why am I suddenly so sad? Like something is wrong?

>>>>>

I hadn't heard from her in over a week. I was worried and checked my email religiously. I was up late thinking about if my only friend was okay, when my phone went off. It's 2 in the morning. Who would call me now? I looked at the number and it looked super freaking weird, but I had this feeling I should answer it.

"Hello?" I said hesitantly.

My heart broke when I heard nothing but soft sniffles. "Y/n?"

"Emma? Are you okay? What's wrong?" I went into full panic mode. As she slowly started telling me what happened this past week, I started crying with her.

Her oldest brother Shinichiro is dead.

I remember now. It was all such a blur before, but now it came back almost in an instant. Emma. Mikey. Shinichiro. I'm in Tokyo Revengers.

I'm not crying out of fear. I'm crying because how could I forget? I forgot and I could have said something, anything. I didn't remember and now my only friend is crying of a broken heart.

I listened to her cry and just started thinking. I know what's coming. I know. I have to help. I have to.

"Emma?"

She sniffled a sad yeah, and I continued, "I hate that I can't hug you. I hate it more than anything. I know you can't see it now, but I am with you till the end."

She sobbed harder before saying, "Thank you..."

She seemed a little calmer when she hung up, but now I have to do something. I'm going to help them.

But how do I even get to them? With everything I can remember from what I had read happened, I really didn't get far enough in the series to manage to think up ways they could have succeeded. I wish more than anything that I had.

I quickly jotted down all I could remember in a notebook. Mostly all I can remember is big events and a few character deaths. There's so much that I know happens from spoilers, but how, I don't know.

What I do know is that until I figure out a way to be able to help them, I'm going to think of ways to not just fight for but protect the Sano family and anyone connected to them.

I'm not the strongest, but I will make sure I'm not the weakest either.

No matter what, I will not give up.