The Visit that Led to More Questions

It's been a day or two since I ran into Yamagishi. I can tell he had been very worried about me, but I also felt bad because I felt the distinct impression he was meeting me without telling anyone.

He had walked me home and stayed with me when I told him my aunt was frequently gone for work, even going so far as to sit by my bed making goofy jokes until I at least smiled and soon after fell asleep.

When I woke up the next day, it was almost noon. I felt well rested, but a little sad he wasn't there. That only lasted for a moment when I heard his voice outside my front door.

I went to open my door and was surprised to see Yamagishi sitting there talking to what sounded like Makoto. I didn't catch most of what he said except for, "I just want to make sure she's okay."

When he looked up and saw me, he quickly ended the call with a wide smile on his face. And when I say he ended the call, I mean he literally hung up without saying good bye.

"Um, you didn't have to end your conversation. I just wanted to invite you inside." I gave a light smile and opened the door for him.

Once he was inside, I went to the kitchen to get us some drinks.

"Hey, Y/n?" He walked up to me and I handed him a soda before giving him the nod to continue.

"Did that Hanma guy attack you?" It wasn't the question that made me start shaking so much as the memory of those events from then till now that made my heart ache.

"I promise, I'll help you." I looked up at him for a brief moment, before looking at my drink I hadn't even bothered to taste.

"You shouldn't." I finally answered.

"Why? I mean, you were set up! I know it! Let me prove it and clear your name for.." He cut his words from continuing their end.

"For Mikey?" I whispered. When he didn't answer, I put my hand through my hair before setting my drink down on the counter.

"I know that you're trying to help me. But even if you manage to clear my name, it doesn't change the damage that's been done."

Yamagishi stepped toward me, obviously trying to encourage me. "Mikey'll see! He just..."

His words were cut short when I couldn't contain a sniffle.

"Mikey doesn't care. He owes me nothing and he's probably better off. It's my fault I even ended up in such a stupid situation all because I wanted to play detective ALONE. I shouldn't have.."

"STOP!" Yamagishi yelled. The fact he had yelled at all, pulled me out of my spiral and all I could do was stare at him mouth agape.

He swiped away at his eyes before continuing. "You're right. He should have trusted you. So we won't let it be about him at all."

I sighed in deep thought as I wiped away the tears that had begun to run down my face. "Then what will it be about, Gishi?"

He had a smile suddenly appear on his face before answering with confidence. "It will be about proving your innocence."

I don't understand why out of everyone he is the one by my side, mostly because he won't leave, but...

I quickly wrapped my arms around Yamagishi. I started crying again when I felt him wrap his arms around me in return. "Thank you, 'Gishi."

As my body began to shake as I wept on his shoulder, he never once pulled away. "You are so welcome." He let out a soft sigh. "You deserve the world my queen."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Takemitchy's POV

I asked Naoto about everything. I managed to save Draken, but finding out that Y/n didn't die after all, when there was news in the future she had, it didn't make sense to me or Naoto.

What also makes no sense is how the heck I ended up in a bath with Mikey and Draken?!?!?

There was talk about a new member of Toman, and I followed behind trying to think through everything I know. I need to ask questions, but asking Mikey might actually get me killed.

"Hey, Takemitchy." Mitsuya's greeting was warm.

Maybe I can ask him.

"Mitsuya, have you heard from Y/n?"

Mitsuya grabbed Takemitchys' arm to stop him and let the others pass. The sudden action set every sense on high alert for Takemitchy.

Once everyone was out of earshot, Mitsuya let out a tired sigh. "I haven't heard from her. None of us have. I heard Emma went to see her and Draken hung around to make sure Emma was safe, but I didn't hear about what happened."

After a brief moment, Mitsuya spoke up again. "I don't know what happened, but I know from meeting her she is way too awkward and way too devoted to do anything close to what that picture showed." As Mitusya began to leave, Takemitchy called out one last question. "Devoted to who?"

Mitsuya stopped and only looked over his shoulder briefly. "To Mikey."

With that, Mitsuya walked away, leaving Takemitchy deep in his thoughts.

>>>>>>>>>>>

After everything with Kisaki appearing and Baji leaving Toman, I was given the task of bringing Baji back. I wanted to ask about Y/n, but I need to figure out how to help Baji for now. In the meantime, I can ask Draken a little before I go.

I saw him a little farther up with Emma, who looked sad. I jogged up to them and whatever conversation they were having, they ended it upon my appearance.

"Yo, Takemitchy! What's goin on?" Draken faced me waiting for me to get to the point.

I guess it's now or never.

"Do either of you know what happened to Y/n?!" Draken's eye twitched, but Emma walked up to me and began speaking softly.

"I went to see her after Draken got attacked." She hesitated like it hurt her to even talk about it. "There's no way she could have done that! That picture isn't telling us everything!"

Emma was shaking out of frustration and Draken stayed to the side silent.

"When I went to see her, she looked like she had been beaten. She had dried blood on her head right over her ear and a long bruise underneath it."

She sniffled and Takemitchy was trying to piece together what she was saying, but Emma couldn't continue.

Draken still didn't say anything, and Emma apologized and walked off, leaving Takemitchy alone with him.

"I understand to a point, why Mikey wouldn't trust her." Draken began. "There were many times she showed up to hang out with Emma and a bruise could be seen on some part of her body. If we asked about it, she would change the subject."

Draken shook his head. "Even so, she would never do what that picture implied. He won't go see her, but that idiot stares at his phone and I know he wants to talk to her, because he misses her."

Draken turned and began walking off, muttering about how idiotic this was.