Unexpected Support From..a Friend?

I knew where they were supposed to be fighting, but I couldn't figure out where to go to get there fast enough. It was already so late. I kept moving as fast as I could when I heard a motorcycle approach with such speed, I wondered if I was going to be in trouble again!

It sped past me and I saw streaks of white and blue until it came to a sudden halt. My eyes widened before changing into a grateful smile at the familiar face. "I should've known you would be trying to get there too. You and Hanagaki are really something!" Taiju's deep laugh came as a welcome sound through all the angst. He jerked his thumb behind him. "Get on, little one."

Raising my eyebrow at the new nickname, I still ran to jump on his motorcycle behind him, hugging him close as he sped down the streets. My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest with excitement. I couldn't help letting out a squeal. I felt his chest rumble with a laugh before stopping as we saw the fight up ahead. When I felt him start laughing again and looked past him over his shoulder, I realized several things.

Sanzu is standing a couple yards in front of us.

Sanzu has a sword.

Taiju is NOT slowing down!?!?!?!?

I screamed as he looped an arm around me at the last minute and hopped off like he didn't just ram a motorcycle into Sanzu. I tried to catch my breath as I heard Mitsuya and Hakkai speak. "We were trying to keep her safe and you brought her right into the middle?!?!"

I don't have time to freak out but WHY DID HE DO...ok..

Taiju squeeze my hip and I squeaked in response. "You're the one that wanted to come. You gonna stop here just cus you're scared?" His eyes softened as we looked at each other. I shook my head fiercely. He smiled and went to walk toward Takemitchy.

Mahal...he's with me now.

So please don't cry for me...

The moment I heard both those voices was the same moment I saw Kakucho. I felt my body start to shake with pain. I clenched and unclenched my fists as I took deep breaths.

I will cry but I won't right now. I won't let you just die in vain, Kaku!

I turned on my heels only to be yanked back and thrown down like a rag doll. It didn't actually hurt but it shocked me so bad I was breathless.

"Some big sister you are! Do older siblings just run into battle without thinking?!?!?! YOU COULD DIE! You shouldn't be here!" Senju's voice cut through and I stood up and hugged her tightly without hesitation. I let her yell at me and didn't let go until she stopped. I pulled back with a smile.

"Being family means you do whatever it takes to protect those you love. You don't stop." My eyes saddened a bit. "I'm sorry I didn't come see you right away. As a big sister, I totally suck right?" I felt my heart break as her bottom lip quivered.

"I'll yell at you more later." Her attention was suddenly ripped away at the sight of Taiju going up against Wakasa and Benkei. "They'll kill him!"

We both watched with amazement as Taiju took them both down with what seemed like little effort.

I smiled at Takemitchy as he stood before Mikey.

Finally, we can help him.

We can help Mikey.