chapter two: movie night

1374 words

Ally and Stiles were saying goodbye as he had to leave to go back to Miami. "I promise i'll still call you all the time okay?" Stiles reassured the kid as she nodded and wiped the tears from her eyes. 

After Stiles left, she went to sleep knowing she had school in the morning. 

Chris and Melissa would be working so Scott was gonna drop her off and pick her up as well. 

In the morning, Ally got up, got ready and waited for Scott to finish with the dishes. "okay let's go" Scott said grabbing Ally's bag for her. 

"alright" she mumbled.

They got in the car and Ally put her seatbelt on. 

Ally was really quiet and Scott noticed so he decided to talk to her a bit. 

"you know, Stiles will come back again" Scott said, "mhm" Ally replied. 

"Ally" Scott said trying to get her to talk, "he'll come back, then just leave again.. I really miss him when he's gone. I feel like he's the only friend I've ever had since I was born" Ally explained, "technically he is my friend but-" Scott started, "yeah I know what you mean Scotty but Stiles has always been there, and I don't know who to trust these days especially since the supernatural world is real" She said and Scott nodded, "you'll find actual friends Al, Stiles and I will always be here for you" Scott replied. 

"Thanks Scott" Ally said getting out of the car.

"I love you" Scott said kissing her cheek, "I love you Scotty" Ally replied before going into the school.

"HEYYYY" Eli said side bumping Ally, "hii" Ally replied. 

"you okay?" Eli asked, "why wouldn't I be?" Ally asked back.

"you just seem down, you usually always match my energy" Eli said looking at her, "my brothers best friend left to go somewhere for his training, I've had a crush on him since I was born, it's a childish thing but I really like him, like he's genuinely such a nice person and I feel like he's the only person i'm close to besides my brother." Ally explained. 

"Wow it seems as if you really love him..." Eli said quietly, "I do, he always comes back to visit but I hate those times when he's not here" Ally said. 

"I see, you said 'he always comes back' so tell you what, when he's not here i'll keep you as much company as I can" Eli promised and Ally smiled as they headed to their first class. 

After school was over they agreed to go to Eli's house, 'cause he needed help with the English homework, Ally told Scott about it and he asked her to send location so that he always knew where she was. 

They got to his house and to Ally's surprise his father was there, in the kitchen. 

"Hey El-" his father started but stopped as he saw Ally, "hold up, Ally?" his father said and Eli looked at Ally, "yeah?" she asked quietly "as in Ally McCall?" he asked back and she nodded, "hey Ally!! it's me" he said pointing to himself as Ally stared at him in confusion, "it's me uncle Derek!" he said and Ally smiled and ran to hug him.

Meanwhile Eli just stared at the two, "Eli, remember Scott?" Derek asked his son and Eli nodded, "this is Scott's younger sister. The same little girl you played with at aunt Melissa's birthday party, nine years ago." Derek explained and Ally and Eli looked at each other with realisation. 

"Ally" Eli said and smiled when he remembered he built the biggest lego house with her in Scott's room nine years ago. "Eli" she said as well and Derek smiled.

"wait are you the same Ally that Eli keeps talking about from school?" Derek asked, and Eli nodded in embarrassment, "oh?" Ally said turning to Eli.

"can we go do our English homework now?" Eli asked his dad, "yeah sure but first, Ally? does Scott or your mom or dad know where you are?" Derek asked Ally and she nodded I response and Eli lead her to his room.

Once they were done, Eli invited Ally to have a movie night with him and his dad and she eventually agreed.

"you know, I could never imagine Derek watching a Disney movie" Ally admitted, "what?! why?" Derek asked her as he handed her some popcorn.

"Scott always told me stories, since I've never really remembered the main gang a lot, he and Stiles told me a lot." Ally said, "so from Scott's stories, you assumed I was a meanie?" he teased, "i'm gonna have to have a talk with Scott" he joked and Ally and Eli burst laughing. 

"I didn't mean it like that I just always thought you weren't a soft enough person to watch a whole Disney movie" Ally said, "don't worry, it was just jokes" Derek reassured her. 

-------------------------------------

It was now almost eleven in the night and the three fell asleep, Ally fell asleep with her head on Eli's shoulder, and Derek fell asleep on the single couch he was sitting on. Just then, Derek's phone started ringing and when he saw who it was he answered immediately. 

"Hey Scott" Derek said whispering, "hey man... why are we whispering by the way?" Scott asked. "Eli and Ally are asleep, they fell asleep watching the movie.. " Derek answered. 

"oh, do you want me to come get her?" Scott asked, "no no, i'll drop her off in the morning if you're okay with that?" Derek said, "are you sure?" Scott asked "yeah don't worry, i'll take care of her" Derek replied "thanks Derek" Scott said and they said bye and cut the call. 

Derek didn't wanna wake either of them so he carried Ally to Eli's bed, and then he carried Eli to his room as well. After placing the blanket on the both of them, he snapped a picture and sent it to Scott to remember the moment. He then headed to his own room. 

------------------------------

In the morning, Eli woke up and saw his arm wrapped around Ally, he slowly got up and made his way to the kitchen.

"morning dad" Eli said walking up to the fridge.

"morning" Derek said smiling, "any idea how Ally and I got to the room?" Eli asked a bit panicked. "I carried the both of you there" he answered.

"oh well thank you dad" Eli said and Derek nodded at him.

"hey" Ally said walking out of Eli's room, "morning Al" Derek and Eli said to her and she smiled.

"do you two want breakfast?" Derek asked the two kids, "sure" Ally said stealing a piece of bacon from Derek's plate and he laughed, "hey what time do you wanna go home?" Derek asked Ally, "any time that's cool with you and my mum" Ally said taking another bite, "HEY" she yelled at Eli when she saw him steal the rest of the bacon she was holding onto and Derek laughed at the two.

"You okay to leave at two in the afternoon?" Derek asked, and Ally nodded.

"So since we still got some time to hang out, you wanna go to the park or play video games?" Eli asked, "I vote going to the park" Derek said taking a bite out of his bacon that he stole back from Eli, "okay uh do you wanna borrow a shirt?" Eli asked Ally, "if you're okay with it" she replied and he went to his room to find a shirt for her. 

He came back and handed it to her, and she excused herself to go change. 

When she came back, the three of them headed to the park that was right down the street. 

Eli chased Ally around like a kid and they were laughing and having fun, eventually when they got tired it was coming towards 2 so Derek decided to drop Ally off at her house now. 

Scott invited Derek and Eli in but Derek declined as Eli needed to head to Lacrosse practice. 

Derek and Eli hugged Scott and Ally goodbye and drove away. 

----------------------------------

a/n: the next chapter will be in the present now as this chapter and the one before is from 3-16 years ago :)