chapter eight: the valentines dance

1400 words 

It was finally the day of the valentines dance and Eli was so excited.

His father and Malia had convinced Eli to tell Ally how he feels at the dance tonight.

He had this whole speech planned but little did he know that his moment would be ruined.

Ally was waiting at their spot at school, Eli was gonna be a little late as his dad needed his help with something. 

"hey" Deacon said walking up to Ally.

"oh hi" she replied.

"no Eli today?" he asked, "he's on his way here" Ally said.

"did you meet the new girl?" Nic asked walking up to the two.

"Hayley?" Ally questioned and he nodded.

"she's really pretty" Nic admitted.

"apparently she's being begged to join Chloe's friend group" Deacon added, "good luck to her, Chloe won't give up on the poor girl" Victoria said joining the three as well.

"hey guys" Eli said softly, he hugged Ally and the five kids started heading towards their lockers.

"I can't wait for later" Eli whispered in Ally's ear as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"me too" she replied.

They smiled at each other and headed to their first class, where Hayley and Sam were introduced since they were the newest students.

At lunch, Ally and Eli were sitting together planning their schedule for later, just then Lila walked up behind Eli's chair and whispered something in his ear that made him turn around in confusion. When she walked away, Eli turned to Ally with wide eyes.

"what did she say?" Ally asked, "she uh-" Eli started, "no stuttering! come on tell me" Ally begged.

"uhm she said that she wanted me really badly?" Eli said and Ally cringed. 

"ew" 

"what's so 'ew'?" Nic asked, walking up to the two.

"Lila just tried to flirt with Eli" Ally told him quietly, sensing the jealousy in her voice, Nic put his hand on hers.

Eli looked at them with confusion and a hint of jealousy in his eyes.

"so uh, who did you ask to the valentines dance?" Eli asked Nic.

"I would've asked Victoria but she's been avoiding me.. so I asked the Marinette and she said yes" Nic explained.

"good for you man" Ally said, patting his back.

"hello hello" Max said sitting down next to Ally.

"what's up, Max" Nic and Ally greeted and Eli just waved since he had food in his mouth.

"so I've got a table booked for later, will you guys join me, Sam, Lila and Stella?" Max asked the three.

"who's Stella?" Nic questioned.

"Max's girlfriend. She's Chloe's sidekick on the cheerleading team" Ally answered while stealing some of Eli's food.

He slapped her hand and she slapped his back, they broke into a 'fight' as Max and Nic just watched in horror.

"okay okay truce?" Eli asked pulling away, "fine" Ally replied, rolling her eyes.

"yeah, we'll be here, Max" Eli finally answered and Max nodded.

"see you guys there" Max said and patted both Ally and Nic's backs. And with that, he disappeared by another table.

"so are you gonna change are your house?" Eli asked and Ally nodded.