chapter three: present day

1139 words

(present day)

Ally and Eli are now 15, the both of them have been best friends since they met again 3 years ago. Ally's always over at the Hale house, or Eli's always at the McCall house.

Scott's been getting busier with his new job so Derek would call Ally over to their house. 

Eli recently got into the Lacrosse team and Ally's been debating on what sport to do since she's not really into sports like basketball or soccer.

Today, Eli and Ally were hanging out at her house, Chris invited Eli to stay for dinner and when Melissa found out she told him to invite Derek too, so right now, they were all sitting at the dinner table eating. 

Ally and Eli were on one side of the table, Melissa and Scott were opposite them, Chris and Derek were by the opposite ends.

"where's the knife?" Scott asked his mother, "oh I didn't bring it" she replied and was about to stand up but got interrupted, "it's okay I got it" Ally said and stood up, as she walked back with the knife in her hand Derek stared at Eli as Eli stared at Ally.

"here" Ally said handing the knife to Scott, "thanks Al" he replied and smiled at her. 

They all ate and when they were done everyone was hugging each other goodbye. 

"i'll see you at school tomorrow" Ally said after hugging Eli, "yeah" Eli said and him and Derek left. 

"so when were you gonna tell me about Eli?" Melissa asked Ally, "huh? what are you talking about?" Ally asked back, "oh please we can all see the way you two look at each other" Scott said walking into the kitchen. 

"how-" Ally started but got interrupted, "okay Ally sweetheart? I think it's time you go to bed, I need to speak with Scott" Chris said.

"okay then, goodnight guys. I love you all" Ally said before going to her room. 

Ally kept wondering about what Scott said. What did he mean when he said ' we can all see the way you two look at each other' ? after a few hours of thinking she eventually fell asleep. 

The next day, she got up early and got ready for school. Her mom would be dropping her off today so as she went to go get her lunch from the kitchen, she saw both her parents.

"morning" Ally said while kissing her fathers cheek, "hello sweetheart" Melissa said, "are you ready to leave for school?" Melissa asked her daughter.

"uh yeah but first, where's Scott?" Ally asked back, "he went to work early, Deaton called him in" Chris explained as Ally nodded, "okay, lets go" Ally told her mother and they left.

As Ally got out of the car she saw that Eli was waiting for her at their usual spot, she said bye to her mother and headed towards Eli, "heyy" she said to him. 

"morning, what's your schedule like today?" Eli said, "I think we've got Spanish, English, History, Math... ew... and pe together" Ally replied and Eli nodded, "so uh how you been?" Eli said while they were at their lockers (which was next to each other btw, Ally claimed Stiles' old locker meanwhile Eli claimed Scott's old locker)

"you saw me last night Eli" Ally said, "right right" Eli replied awkwardly. 

"why are you being so awkward today?" Ally said while chuckling.

"am I being awkward? oh i'm totally being awkward i'm sorry" Eli ranted out, "Eli relax man tell me what's up?" Ally asked and Eli froze not being able to think of a lie, "okay fine, you know that popular kid who's always throwing parties? well he invited me and you to one and I know for sure my dad won't let me go so I was thinking about stealing Malia's car and going to the party and coming back so fast my dad wouldn't even notice" Eli explained. 

"first of all, just why. second of all, won't Malia notice?" Ally asked, "no she's been busy with her boyfriend a lot so I don't think we've got an issue with that" Eli replied. 

"I'll THINK about it okay? there's NO guarantee that i'm going or doing this with you" Ally said and Eli nodded.

After school was over Ally decided to go with Eli, not because she wanted to but because she didn't want him to get in trouble alone so if he goes down then she's going down with him.

"Okay let's go" Eli whispered to Ally and she nodded.

Eli jumped over Malia's house fence and Ally followed.

Though Ally's clumsiness did not follow with the plan and she ended up tripping. She was about to his the floor until someone caught her just in time.

"are you okay?" Eli whispered as he held Ally's waist, keeping her from falling to the floor.

"yeah yeah i'm okay don't worry" she said as she stood up properly, and Eli nodded.

They got in Malia's car and before they started it someone opened the passenger door aggressively, "what do you two think you're doing?" Malia asked frowning at the two teenagers.

"uh surprising you with a new car!!" Eli said and Ally replied with "yayyyy".

Malia squinted her eyes and dragged them both into her house, revealing a shirtless cop.

"uh who are you?" Ally asked, "I'm Jordon, who are you two?" Parrish replied, "This one's Ally and this one's Eli" Malia answered pointing at each of them but still seeing confusion on Parrish's face.

"Eli is my cousin Derek's son, and Ally is Scott's little sister" Malia explained.

"OHHH well hello there" Parrish said smiling and Eli just waved at him, meanwhile Ally just straight up stared.

"What are you two doing here?" Malia asked, and Ally just pointed at Eli, "thanks for such wonderful back up" Eli mumbled as he pushed Ally's finger away, "we-" Eli started but stopped when he saw Ally turn to glare at him, "okay I just wanted to borrow you're car to go to you know hang out with some friends" Eli finished and Malia just stared at the two teenagers.

"with MY car?" Malia questioned.

"can't your dad or your brother take you guys?" Malia asked and that's when the realization hit Ally.

Eli and her are so screwed.

"uh because we know they'll say no" Eli said softly and Malia sighed.

"you two can't be doing this you know, i'm gonna have to call Scott and Derek to come get you guys" Malia said.

"OR OR OR, you could just call Scott and it'll all be perfectly fine" Eli suggested but in return got a glare from both Malia and Ally.

"ugh fine you can call my dad" Eli gave up, and sat down.

Ally sat next to him as Malia went to get her phone to call both Derek and Scott to pick the two idiots up.

---------------------------------- 

a/n: uh ohhhhh Ally and Eli are in troubleeee