chapter five: will you go to the valentines dance with me?

1099 words 

Ally and Eli woke up their usual times and Scott let Eli borrow some of his clothes for school. 

After school was over, Ally and Eli decided to go to the lake because they haven't been there in quite some time.

Stiles and Malia would take them to the lake often, they would skip rocks and balance on the logs that was close. 

It took their mind off things and that's why Eli wanted to go there with Ally. 

Eli was skipping rocks while Ally checked her socials.

Victoria Romero, the daughter of Liam Dunbar and Hayden Romero, happens to be one of the most popular girls in school. She was close with Ally and Jackson and Ethan's adoptive daughter: Lila. 

But Ally didn't hang out with them much, truth is Victoria and Lila didn't really like each other butthey pretended to be besties and Ally thought that that was super toxic so she stayed close but far at the same time.

Back to Victoria. Ally saw that Victoria had posted about a big party going down at her house, Victoria hadn't mentioned anything about it to her so she was really confused.

"What about the valentines dance?" Ally asked Eli when he said something about it, "oh I was just saying that I don't really know who to ask to go... with me" Eli said sadly, "i'm not going either way" Ally said.

"WHAT? your not going? why?" Eli asked. 

"I don't really care for these types of things" she replied simply.

"but everyone in school will be there" 

"I know, that's one of the reasons I don't wanna go" 

"but what if someone asked you?"

"depends on who it is" 

"what if I asked you?"

"I don't know, maybe if you stop asking 'what if' questions then we'll find out" 

"Ally, do you wanna go to the valentines dance with me? as best friends, of course" 

"obviously i'll go with you, dumbass" 

Eli smiled at Ally's response and she smiled back making eye contact.

"when's the dance again?" Eli asked, "thirteenth, valentines day is the fourteenth" she replied and he nodded.

"i'm glad you're going with me" Eli said to her, "but you don't have to come if you don't wanna I mean I don't wanna force you into anything considering-" Eli rambled, "Eli, shut up I wanna go with you" Ally responded and Eli apologized.

"we should go now, it's getting late" Ally said and he and her went to their houses.

Ally walked in and saw her parents along with Scott in the living room. And they were talking to... Nic and Isaac Lahey?

"hey Ally" Isaac said to the kid after noticing her.

"hi?" Ally said unsure of who it was, "your gone so big" Isaac said smiling.

"uh" Ally trailed off, "this is Isaac, Ally" Scott said to remind her who she's talking to.

"OHHHHH" Ally said in realization.

"you're moving back in Beacon Hills?" Ally questioned as she hugged Isaac.

"yeah, and I brought my son, Nic" he responded and Ally turned to see the person who was seated next to Isaac.

She smiled and hugged Nic, "it's been forever" Nic said hugging her back.

"I know right?! I was like two the last time I saw you" Ally replied.

"I'm putting Nic in your school, will you take care of him?" Isaac asked Ally and she chuckled as Nic said "dad! i'm not a child anymore, I don't need her care".

"I know, I know" Isaac said putting his hands up in defence. 

"i'll look out for him, don't worry" Ally whispered to Isaac and he winked at her. 

"Ally?" Chris called out for his daughter, when she turned to him he said. "honey, why don't you and Nic go talk in your room?".

"sure" Ally nodded, she grabbed Nic's hand and guided him to her room.

"cool room" he said looking at the posters on her wall.

"thanks" she said smiling.

They were talking about life until Ally heard something hit her window.

She lifted her window and saw Eli climbing in, "heyy" he said excitedly, Ally rolled her eyes, moving to the side to let him in.

"it's past six" Ally said, "so? you saw this coming, didn't you?" Eli asked back mischievously.

Nic cleared his throat when he saw them making eye contact, Eli turned to see who was there, at first he didn't recognize him so he turned to Ally confused.

"Am I interrupting a date?" Eli asked dryly and clearly annoyed, Ally turned her head in confusion as she sensed the clear irritation.

"no?? Eli, this is Nic. Isaac Lahey's son.." Ally told her best friend.

"Isaac's here?" Eli questioned and she nodded.

"oh" he mumbled, "hey man" he said and Nic smiled at him.

The three sat in awkward silence, each of them not knowing what to say.

Someone knocked on Ally's door and she turned to Eli quickly.

"HIDE" Ally whisper-yelled at Eli so that he wouldn't get caught.

He went into her closet and hid in between her hoodies that were on the hangers, he smirked when he saw one of his hoodies that she had stolen awhile back.

"hey Al, everything alright?" Melissa asked her daughter as she and Nic nodded.

"okay, do you two want any snack or.?" she asked the two teens, "no I don't want anything" Nic replied and Ally agreed, "me too, but thanks mum" Ally said and Melissa smiled and left the room.

Ally opened her closet door, causing Eli to fall because he had gotten tangled in some of her hoodies.

"idiot"

"shut up and untangle me"

------------------------------------- 

The three agreed to play a game of monopoly, so far Ally was losing horribly, Nic was winning and Eli was just surviving in between.

"just accept defeat, Ally." Nic said to her, taking money from Eli.

"NEVER" Ally yelled back, "stubborn idiot" Eli mumbled, Ally threw a pillow at his face, causing him to fall backwards.

"ow" Eli said, "oh don't be a baby" 

Ally eventually got broke and Nic won, Eli was starting to get bankrupt again so they decided to stop playing.

"you should go home before your dad gets suspicious" Ally whispered to Eli while he was putting the game back in her cupboard.

"yeah" he said softly, Ally held his hand sensing the sadness in his tone.

"i'll see you tomorrow okay? i'm sure you can survive a few hours without me" Ally joked and Eli laughed.

Nic on the other hand, was observing.

He could sense that the two clearly liked each other but wouldn't say anything. Even though he had a massive crush on Ally, he knew that her main priority was Eli so he didn't make any moves and he just observed.

------------------------------------------

a/n: kinda a boring chapter tbh

but its gonna get interesting soon, I promise!