Becoming A Hunter

To keep up:
After we get settled in the station I roll over to my link and get into it. Ready for the next training section with Y/N...

More training this chapter! Please enjoy.

Remember!

Any Na'vi that speaks will look like this
"Hi"
and Jake as a Avatar will look like this
"Hi"
While everything else is just normal!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

(Jake Sully's POV)

I awake back in my Avatar body, I know today Y/N is going to show me a new animal and help me with more training. I get out of my hammock and walk to the middle of the hometree waiting for Y/N to get me. Not long after getting to the center, Y/N comes walking down smiling at me. "You ready for learning?" I nod and we start climbing the tree.

We make it about 80 meters off the jungle floor, and we are jumping from branch to branch. Y/N then jumps to a bigger branch and I follow suit. Holy- there're so many trees, honestly should have expected it. It's a jungle after all but it's so amazing and different than Earth..

Y/N stops in front of me for a second before moving forward making a series of trills and clicks, calling for something. Then, some of the leaves above us start moving and a big winged creature flies down onto the branch and rawrs. This thing is fucking huge! It's about 10 feet tall and has a 10 meter wingspan. I look up at it and look into it's eyes, Y/N starts walking toward the creature, "Holy shit.." I say and Y/N replies "Do not look into her eye." While giving the winged animal some meat for a treat, whispering some Na'vi to it. I look down to make sure I don't look into the eyes of the animal, Y/N proceeds to explain, "Ikran is not horse," he connects his hair to the Ikrans antenna and the creatures eyes widen and it outstretches its wings, "once shahaylu is made, Ikran will fly with only one hunter.. in the whole life." So in other words, Direhorses are whores while Ikrans are a one man show.

Y/N jumps onto the back of the Ikran smoothly, "To become taronyu, you must choose your own Ikran, but, it must also choose you." I look at him curious and ask "When?" He looks back down at me and replies "When you are ready." Y/N pulls down his headband and yells "Heeyaaahh!" And the Ikran outstretches her wings and they jump off the branch, I have to step back a little to not get hit. I watch Y/N perfectly ride the winged creature, out of no where though, him and his Ikran come and ride towards me to the point where I need to duck to get out of the way. I smile as they go by and Y/N laughs.

~INT Shack~

I turn on the camera, Grace in the background viewing some kind of simple she got from the jungle. "Okay. This is video log 12." I pause and look down at my watch, "Times 21:32," I pause again then I sigh and turn around to Grace "Do I have to do this now? I really need to get some rack." Grace looks up from her microscope and glares at me, "Yes now. It's fresh in your mind, it will be better to get it over with it now so you don't forget anything." I continue on with my recording "Fuck fine. Location, shack. The days are starting to blur together"

Next thing I know is I'm sitting on a branch with Y/N while he tries to teach me some Na'vi, first we're doing some face features. Y/N points at his lips, "Seyri." Then his nose, "Ontu." Ears, "Mikyun." And then his eyes "Navi." He stares at me then corrects "Nari" I try to say it again but I just can't get the r sound right "Nari?" I can tell he's getting annoyed now and his ears go back a little bit and he leans forward "Narrri!" I still end up saying it wrong and he slaps me on the head gently.