Part 7

Antonio looks at this broken man & says "you as a cop a dad & our family work with us & bring this asshole down for what he did to your wife because giving up on this right now is the one thing that will destroy you more then anything now the question is do you want justice or revenge lieutenant?" Jayme sighs as he answers "Antonio I don't know justice but I'm the one that arrests & interrogates him" Jay walks up to the boys in the bar he turns & says "Jayme tony we got a lead on this guys Josè rodregez his DNA was on the body" Jayme pulls his phone out of his pocket & dials the number to Josè "Josè Rodrgez Jayme Halstead Chicago PD we would like to know we could come by & have a chat with you about a Murder that a occurred on the 12th of December sure no problem sir thank you" Jayme hangs up looked over at Jay who's shaking his head & back at Antonio who's got a grin on his face Jayme gets up & walks outside to his car Antonio gets in Jaymes passenger seat & Jay get in Adam's car along with Voight who's with Alvin Kevin Kim Hailey & Erin are back the district working on the case from their desks in contract with the boys with the information they need Jayme & Antonio head to 2259 west Illinois avenue to speak with Josè Jay & Adam went to speak with the last people to see or speak to Lennox & Alvin & Hank went back to crime scene to see what they missed Jayme & Antonio arrive at 2259 Illinois Jayme knocks on his door a few seconds later a man answers "I'm lieutenant Jayme Halstead this is my partner detective Antonio Dawson may we come inside & speak to about a body that was found?" Josè nods letting them both inside Josè they sit down Antonio pulls out the crime scene picture Jayme looks away Josè "I was seeing her we had a relationship it's so sad I can't imagine how her daughter & husband feel I never wanted to betray her family but she was so hot & the sex was amazing I saw her 4 days ago she was high on drugs & alcohol she was upset she said she had a fight with her husband over her drinking problem when I asked her about her daughter she said it wasn't her & made out like her husband had an affair she came to freaking because she pregnant with his child & wanted me to be her dad but I told no that she needed to go to her husband she left my place around 3:30pm some guy came & picked her up" Jayme cuts him off "sorry what was the car make & model of this" Josè sat across from Jayme & Antonio & replied "it was a 2013 or 2017 Nissan patrol black I got the registration number it was 1B6P305 I didn't see the guy driving but I know he wasn't a very nice guy he grabbed her & dragged her into the car & there's something else she said that her husband was a an asshole & she name dropped him to the guy but that's all I got" at that moment Jayme storms out his eyes filled with tears his heart shattered & his mind shambled his world falling apart around him Antonio stays talking to the guy a little longer before coming back out Jayme's sitting in the car Antonio Joins him but not a word is spoken the entire way back to the 21st district Jayme get out of the car walks straight up to the bullpen & sits at his desk working tirelessly on this case Jay turns to Antonio & says "what's going on with him he hasn't spoken a word since you got" Antonio hands him & walks over to Alvin "hey Al did you guys find anything out?" Alvin replied "how's he doing & no the witnesses didn't say much they heard a scream" Antonio nods walking over to Jay "what did you & Adam find out?" Jay answers looking over at his his brother pulling out a necklace "a woman handed me this she said she picked it up off the sidewalk the necklace reads "my love my wife her world his heart belongs with him forever I love you my wife Jayme" Antonio looks at him "i should think you should give this to him" Jay nods walking over to Jaymes desk who's talking to Jayde on the phone "ok princess be good for uncle Christopher ok I love you" he hung up & looks up at Jay "what do you Want Jay because I don't want to hear whatever it you have to say I'm busy" Jay placed the necklace on his desk & walks back to his desk Jayme grabs the necklace he look up at everyone as he says "I brought this for her w-before we got married she never took it off" Jayme just walks into the break room & grabs coffee he sits on the sofa & sip of his coffee Jay get up walking into the break room he sits next to him as he says "you ok man?" Jayme looks up his brother with tears streaming down his cheeks he shakes his head his hands are shaking as he answers "she told Josè that we had argued i wasn't home that night Jayde was home with her I rang her around midnight to check in that was the last time I spoke her properly on the phone when she disappeared there was a voice mail I left on her phone begging her to home & talk to she left our baby girl in her crib.on her own in the middle of the night Jay i got worried & came home from my shift around 1:30 & she was gone her clothes & Jayde was in her crib I don't how long Jayde had been there alone but her car was gone when I tried to call her she never answered I tracked her here & decided to transfer back to Chicago I have no one in LA I'm alone there" Jay puts his hand on his shoulder "what did you do after you go back home?" Jayme wipes his eye "I-I ah tried to call her but she didn't answer it kept going straight to voicemail I got worried I waited till the next morning & reported her missing Jayde had school so I took her to Preschool & went straight to the station to see if they had anything but they had nothing I traced her location & it pinged her here so I rang Loraine & she said yeah she was there I told her to keep her there we are our way she said ok when I got there she wasn't there when I spoke to her mom she said that she hadn't heard from her in a few days Loraine is her best friend" Jay replied "you think her friend will speak to us?" Jayme shrugs & says "I'll go with Antonio she won't talk to you" Jay nods & walks out Jayme follows walking up to Antonio "hey Tony come with me to talk to this suspect?" Antonio nodded & they both head out to speak with Lennox's friend who is now considered a suspect.

End of chapter 7 will be publishing my 8th chapter to this at some point this week but for now enjoy this chapter as it's the long one in the this story the conclusion to this story is something I'm still working on so be patient thank you for reading 💋❤️😊 laniebear 💋