eleven

"Handsome, eh?" The Doctor whispers in her ear. She smiles.

"So you do remember," Belle says. "Imagine if Donna could see us now."

He presses his forehead against hers. "She would go nuts, wouldn't she?"

The Doctor blushes. "I can't tell you too much about your future, Belle, but..."

"Nope," Belle says, "don't tell me."

"C'mon lovebirds," Amy says. The Doctor and Belle stare into each other's eyes for a moment before the Doctor kisses her quickly, making her squeal. She stops him from pulling away and she finally kisses him back. He leaves her breathless.

•••

The Doctor and Belle are still flushed from what just happened. Belle is closer to Amy now, and Amy's wondering what was up. Though they wanted to pay attention to what was going on with the Doctor.

"All right, Prof. Now, the PM's been filling me in. Amazing things, these Ironsides of yours. Amazing. You must be very proud of them," the Doctor says.

"Just doing my bit," Professor Bracewell says.

"Not bad for a Paisley boy," Amy comments. Belle agrees.

"Yes, I thought I detected a familiar cadence, my dear," Professor Bracewell says.

"How did you do it? Come up with the idea?"

"How does the muse of invention come to anyone?"

"But you get a lot of these clever notions, do you?" The Doctor interrogates him.

"Well, ideas just seem to teem from my head. Wonderful things, like. Let me show you. Some musings on the potential of hypersonic flight. Gravity bubbles that can sustain life outside of the terrestrial atmosphere. Came to me in the bath."

"And are these your ideas or theirs?"

"Oh no, no, no. These robots are entirely under my control, Doctor. They are."

The Dalek brings Professor Bracewell his tea. Belle cringed.

"Thank you. The perfect servant, and the perfect warrior," Professor Bracewell compliments the Dalek.

"I don't know what you're up to, Professor, but whatever they've promised, you cannot trust them. Call them what you like, the Daleks are death."

"Yes, Doctor. Death to our enemies. Death to the forces of darkness, and death to the Third Reich," Winston says.

"Yes, Winston, and death to everyone else too."

"Would you care for some tea?" The Dalek comes up to Belle. The Doctor goes up and knocks the tray from the Dalek's sucker.

"Stop this! What are you doing here? What do you want?"

"Doctor," Belle hisses. He glared at her.

"We seek only to help you," the Dalek says.

"To do what?" The Doctor asks.

"To win the war."

"Really? Which war?"

"I do not understand," the Dalek says.

"This war, against the Nazis, or your war? The war against the rest of the Universe? The war against all life forms that are not Dalek?"

"I do not understand. I am your soldier."

"Oh, yeah? Okay. Okay, soldier, defend yourself."

The Doctor picks up a huge spanner and starts hitting the Dalek.

"Doctor!" Belle hisses again.

"Doctor, what the devil?" Winston asks, confused.

"You do not require tea?" The Dalek asks.

"Stop him! Prime Minister, please," Professor Bracewell panics.

"Doctor, what the devil? Please, these machines are precious."

"Come on. Fight back. You want to, don't you? You know you do," the Doctor says, frustrated.

"I must protest," Professor Bracewell interjects.

"What are you waiting for? Look, you hate me. You want to kill me. Well, go on. Kill me. Kill me!"

Belle forms tears in her eyes. Amy notices and tries to pull the Doctor away from continuing to hit the Dalek.

"Doctor, be careful," Amy says.

"Please desist from striking me. I am your soldier," the Dalek says. The Doctor is furious.

"You are my enemy! And I am yours. You are everything I despise. The worst thing in all creation. I've defeated you time and time again. I've defeated you. I sent you back into the Void. I saved the whole of reality from you. I am the Doctor. And you are the Daleks!"

Silence for a moment. The Doctor pushes the Dalek back and it hits a table. It turns around and moves back. It turns to the other Dalek in the room.

"Correct. Review testimony," the Dalek says. They hear the Doctor's voice.

"I am the Doctor. And you are the Daleks."

Belle and the Doctor share looks. "Testimony?" Belle repeats.

"Testimony. What are you talking about, testimony?"

The second Dalek speaks. "Transmitting testimony now."

"Transmit what, where?"

"Testimony accepted."

"Get back, all of you," the Doctor says as he is pushing Belle back.

"Marines! Marines, get in here," Winston motions for his guards to come. The two Marines who come through the door are exterminated. Belle gasps, grabbing the Doctor.

"Stop it, stop it, please. What are you doing? You are my Ironsides!"

"We are the Daleks," they tell Professor Bracewell.

"But I created you!"

"No," says the Dalek.

The Dalek blows off Professor Bracewell's left hand. It sparks and splutters. Belle gasps.

"We created you," the Dalek says.

"Victory. Victory. Victory!"

The Daleks teleport away.

"What just happened, Doctor?" Amy asks as the Doctor holds onto Belle. The two hold onto each other.

"I wanted to know what they wanted. What their plan was. I was their plan."

Belle goes to kiss his cheek. The Doctor runs out, letting go of her.

"Hey!" Amy shouts. The two girls share a look before running after him.