sixty-one

A/N:

This is the beginning of Power of Three. I am going to make an extras book that will include Asylum of the Daleks, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, and A Town Called Mercy. I didn't feel like writing all that for this story. Enjoy Power of Three. <3 Liv

Belle and the Doctor had been through a lot together since they got married. Two whole years, married. She was starting to wonder when Ave Song was going to arrive, since Amy and Rory had River, that's when she started wondering. How long did she have until Ave was going to come?

"All absolutely identical. Not a single molecule's difference between them. No blemishes, imperfections, individualities," says the Doctor as he is examining a cube. Belle gets a wave of nausea that swarms her, but she ignores it. Amy looks at her, concerned, but doesn't comment on anything.

"What if they're bombs? Billions of tiny bombs? Or transport capsules maybe, with a mini robot inside. Or deadly hard drives. Or alien eggs? Or messages needing decoding. Or they're all parts of a bigger whole. Jigsaw puzzles that need fitting together," says Brian, Rory's father.

"Very thorough, Brian. Very, very thorough. Well done. Stay here. Watch these. Yell if anything happens."

"Doctor, is this an alien invasion? Because that's what it feels like."

"There couldn't be life-forms in every cube, could there?" asks Rory.

"I don't know," says the Doctor. "And I really don't like not knowing."

– – –

"Right, I need to use your kitchen as a lab. Cook up some cubes. See what happens," says the Doctor. "Belle, relax."

"What?" Belle asks him. "I'm fine. I don't need to relax."

"Yes, you do. You've been sick, remember?" asked the Doctor.

"Oh, fine," Belle says, waving it off. Amy looks at her, concerned while Rory says, "Right, I'm due at work."

"Are you okay, Izzy?" asks Amy.

"I'm fine. Just nauseous every once in a while, but I'll be fine."

"Of course I've got a job," says Rory, making Belle listen into the Doctor and Rory's conversation. "What do you think we do when we're not with you?"

"I imagined mostly kissing," says the Doctor.

"I write travel articles for magazines and Rory heals the sick. Maybe he can heal Izzy?"

Belle nervously chuckles. "I don't know . . ."

"My shift starts in an hour. You don't know where my scrubs are?"

"In the lounge, where you left them. Bring Izzy with you," Amy tells Rory.

"Sure, I will," Rory smiles at Belle.

"I'm fine. I'll manage," Belle tells Rory. "Don't worry about me. The Doctor's got everything settled."

"He'll be busy in the kitchen though," Rory tells Belle.

Belle nods. "I know, but he always has me covered. Right, babe?"

"Right. Don't call me babe," the Doctor says, pointing his finger at Belle. She kisses his finger then kisses him, making Rory and Amy turn away.

"Shouldn't do that if you're sick," Rory tells her while he's turned away.

"Thought I'd try something new," Belle smiles at the Doctor, ignoring Rory's comment.

"Hey, Time Lords don't get sick, don't they?" Amy says suddenly. Belle goes pale.

"I'm not exactly a Time Lady," says Belle. The Doctor nods.