Faith Pt 3

The next day, we took Dean to a local hospital to get checked out. He claimed he felt fine, but we wanted to be sure. 

"So, you really feel okay?" I asked him for the millionth time. I sat beside him on the exam table in the doctors office. I held his hand, not wanting to let go. Sam stood in front of us. 

"Cheyenne, I told you I feel fine," he said, he pulled his hand from mine and wrapped his arm around my waist. He pulled me closer. "I promise." I nodded. At that moment, the nurse walked in.

 "Well, according to all your tests, there's nothing wrong with your heart," I let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding. "There was no sign there ever was." I know Dean told us he was fine, but it felt good for a doctor to tell us. "Not that a man your age should be having heart trouble, but, uh, still it's strange, it does happen."

"What do you mean strange?" Dean questioned the woman. 

"Just yesterday, a young guy like you, 27, athletic, out of nowhere, heart attack," She explained. 

"Thanks doc," Dean said. She nodded and left the room. I had a feeling we all had the same thought. A guy dying of a heart attack the same day Dean's heart was healed. It sounded weird.

"That's odd," Dean stated, as if he was reading my mind.

"Maybe it's a coincidence," Sam suggested. "People's hearts give out all the time, man."

"No, they don't" Dean argued. 

"Do we really have to look into this, Dean," I asked. "I mean, you just got better." I begged him to let it go.

Dean stood, letting go of me. "No, because I can't shake this feeling, that's why."

"What feeling?" I asked, standing up and walking closer to Dean. I was once again concerned for my brother. 

 "When I was healed, I just... I felt, wrong," He attempted to explain. I looked back at Sam, who also looked worried. "I felt cold, and for a second, I saw someone... this old man." He put his jacket on, not facing us. "I'm telling you two, it was a spirit."

 "If there was something there, Cheyenne or I would have seen it," Sam stated. "I mean, I've been seeing an awful lot of things lately."

"Oh, excuse me, psychic wonder," Dean teased. "You're just gonna need a little faith on this one." 

 "Sam, let's just do this," I stood in front of him now. "Maybe Dean did see something, it won't hurt to check it out." 

"Cheyenne's right, Sam," Dean walked up behind me. "I've been hunting long enough to trust a feeling like this."

 Sam looked at us and sighed. "Yeah, all right" I smiled up at him. "So, what do you want to do?" He asked Dean. 

"Why don't you go check the heart attack guy," Dean suggested. He looked over at me. He knew that I wasn't going to let him go alone anywhere. "Cheyenne and I are gonna visit the Reverend." Sam nodded, heading out to the hall. 

 "Alright, let's get going," Dean said, starting to head out the door.

"Wait, Dean," I called, making him turn around. "I need to say something."

 "What, is something wrong," he asked, getting concerned. I almost groaned at his protectiveness, even though he almost died. 

"No, it's just..." I didn't know how to say it. "I'm sorry." He looked confused.

"Sorry for what?" he questioned, taking a few steps closer to me.

"For the way I acted toward you at the motel, and for yelling," I explained looking down. "I know that it didn't help anything." I felt him move closer to me. He put a hand on my chin.