Salvation Pt. 3

It was night now. Sam, Dean, and I sat in the impala, out by Monica's house. We watched as the family got ready for bed. 

"Maybe we can tell them there's a gas leak," Sam suggested.

"It might get them out of the house for a few hours," I agreed. We had to do something to get them out before the demon showed up.

"Yeah, and how many times has that actually worked for us?" Dean questioned. 

"Could always tell them the truth," Sam stated. Dean and I looked over at him. Was he crazy or did he really think that would go over well?

"Nah," The boys said at the same time. "I know," Sam added. "But with what's coming for these people..."

Sam, we only got one move and you know it, all right," Dean cut him off. 

I nodded. "Dean's right, we have to wait for that demon to show itself," I agreed. 

"And we get it before it gets them," Dean added. We looked back out the window at the house, sitting in silence.

"I wonder how dad's doing," Sam wondered aloud. 

I couldn't lie, I was worried for dad too. He was alone and fighting something much more powerful than himself. 

"I'd feel a lot better if we were there backing him up," Dean admitted.

"I'd feel better if he were here backing us up," I said quietly. The boys both glanced back at me, concerned. "What... we all know that dad understands this demon better than the three of us," I explained.  

We continued to watch the house in silence. Sam broke it again. "This is weird."

"What?" I questioned, looking over at him.

"After all these years, we're finally here," Sam explained. "It doesn't seem real."

Dean looked over as well. "We just got to keep our heads and do our job like always." 

I almost laughed. "Yeah, but this isn't like always," I stated. "I mean, this isn't one of our normal gigs." 

"True," Dean agreed, turning back to the house.

"Dean, uh, I want to thank you," Sam said, out of nowhere. Once again, he caught both of our attentions. 

"For what?" Dean questioned. I'll admit, I was confused as well. 

"For everything," Sam stated. "You've always had my back, you know, and Cheyenne's too." I nodded in agreement. I reached up and grabbed Deans shoulder. 

"He's right," I stepped in. "Even when we had no one else to count on, we could always count on you." I leaned forward and kissed his cheek. 

"I just wanted to let you know, just in case," Sam added. I knew how he was feeling. We had never faced something like this, we didn't know what we were going into. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, are you kidding me?" Dean asked, almost angry. I leaned back from him.

"What?" Sam questioned back.

"Don't say just in case something happens to you or Cheyenne," Dean stated. "I don't want to hear that freaking speech." I gave Sam a look. "Nobody's dying tonight," He assured us. "Not us, not that family, nobody... except that demon." I nodded as Dean spoke. He was clearly pretending to be okay for us. "That evil son of a bitch isn't getting any older tonight, you understand me... both of you." 

Sam nodded. 

"Sorry, Dean," I whispered, just loud enough to hear. "I love you," I added in last minute.