A broken father and Orphaned Daughter

On a dark and stormy night, a police car pulls up to a tragic car accident. The vehicle was utterly totaled and wrapped around a tree. An ambulance was parked on the side of the road, and paramedics removed two disfigured bodies from the car. A handsome young man steps out of the police car. He stood about six feet tall with an average build and wore a police uniform. The man had chocolate brown eyes and straight, dark brunette hair. "Charlie," a paramedic greeted as he wheeled one of the bodies past the officer. Charlie opens his mouth, but the sound of a baby's cries causes everyone to freeze. Charlie is the first one to react and runs towards the sound of crying. He runs past the car and into the woods. Charlie pulls out his flashlight and flicks it on as he follows the cries. He finds a damaged Infant car seat not too far from the vehicle. He lifts the canopy, revealing a little green-eyed baby girl. The baby was taken to Forks Hospital for a complete checkup while Charlie tried to find records of the baby or her parents. After days of finding zero information about the parents or documents on the baby, Charlie came to the conclusion that the parents were off-the-grid troglodytes and that something must have forced them to leave their seclusion. This made it impossible to find any living family members to take in the infant. Charlie knew this would lead to the baby being put in an orphanage, so he decided to throw his hat in the ring. He was tired of being lonely since his wife had left him and taken their baby daughter with her. This could give him another chance to be a good father.

                    Seven years later, two little girls and a boy run around in front of a small wooden house with narrow windows. The dull red paint makes it resemble a tiny barn. A garage is located around the side of the house, hidden from view by a thick band of trees and shrubbery. One of the little girls was pale and had Charlie's chocolate brown eyes full of innocence. She had also inherited her father's straight, dark brunette hair. She giggled as another girl with lightly tanned skin, wavy light brunette hair, and bright green eyes chased her. A little boy with smooth, russet-colored skin runs after them. He has dark brown eyes that almost look black, like his beautiful, long, glossy hair. Charlie sat on the porch drinking a beer with another man. The man was a very tall, handsome native with dark russet skin and similar dark brown eyes that almost looked black. Like his son, he had beautiful, long, glossy hair that reached his lower back. A woman walks out with a tray of cookies and milk, gaining the children's attention. They run over excitedly. The woman was of native descent, just like her husband. She two had smooth, russet-colored skin and dark brown eyes. She has beautiful long glossy hair that reaches her butt and is in a braid. "Now, Koda, do not wolf your food down like that, or you'll get a tummy ache," she reprimanded, causing the little green-eyed girl to give her a sheepish look.

                    "Sorry, mommy B," Koda apologized.

                    Charlie chuckled, "I think it's just hunger from the sudden growth spurts she has had lately, Sarah," he explained, causing a worried look to wash over his friend's face, but he didn't notice. Sarah glances at her husband and then looks at Koda, who is already on her fourth cookie.

                    The man speaks up, "I have a story I think you three would like to hear," he said, causing the children to move onto the porch and sit on the floor around him excitedly. "Legend claims that we descended from wolves and that the wolves are our brothers still. Now, The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning... But we've always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors... Shapeshifters that transform into the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day our warriors came across a creature... It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as ice...," he explained. Koda noticed her sister growing a little scared, so she pulled her close. "Our warriors' sharp teeth finally tore it apart... But only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear that the cold man was not alone. And they were right. She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's third wife could see that he would lose... The third wife was no magical being, no special powers, but one... Courage. The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe," he said as Koda looked up at him in amazement. She wanted to be a mighty spirit warrior like Taha Aki and as courageous as his wife.