Den Of Lionesses

Must have 10 comments and 20 votes for another chapter. Note: Medvídek is a Slovakia term of endearment that means little bear.

                    A herd of elk runs frantically through the deep snow and past tall pine trees. Blurs of blond and brown chase after them. Each blur tackles an elk into the snow a few distances from one another. Koda stands up from the large bull elk, now dead in the snow, while its blood stains her lips. The red blotches in her irises were now a golden color from months of animal blood. Her once-long hair was now in an undercut hairstyle with the top a little long, and the sides buzzed. Some snow clung to her brown leather Brogue boots. Koda had her old, faded jeans tucked into her boots to keep the snow out. The wind blows against her white long-sleeved linen shirt that is a size bigger than she needs and has a loose collar, revealing she wasn't wearing a bra. After spending three months with the Denali coven's three beautiful blonde sisters, Koda had learned to be more confident in her body and its scars gifted to her by Ku. A gorgeous golden-eyed woman who's shorter than Koda with long, pale blond hair that's as straight as corn silk goes to hug the hybrid from behind while electricity radiates from the skin on her hands, but the moment the blond's body touches hers, the electricity disappears. The woman's once golden eyes were now bright blue, and her pale skin now had a blush to it because her heart was pumping blood again. "Really, Kat? You're worse than a clingy girlfriend," Koda joked as she looked back at Kate, who grins. Koda knew almost all vampires were unnaturally beautiful, but the Denali sisters were so enchanting that their appearance could easily mesmerize any human or vampire. Because of this, the sisters became the catalyst for the legend of the succubus.

                    "You can't blame me.... it's nice to feel my own heartbeat again," Kate admitted, but she left out that she enjoyed Koda's body against hers and the warmth it supplied. Sometimes, she felt like Icarus and the hybrid was her sun.

                    "Katrina, leave poor Medvídek alone," another blonde female grumbled as she walked over, moving so gracefully that her feet were almost soundless. The woman was just as gorgeous as Kate but radiated a sense of power and leadership. She was just a few inches shorter than Kate and had long, curly, pale blonde hair. Her topaz eyes shine brightly from the recent meal. Kate pouts but does as her eldest sister says and lets Koda go. Her eyes melt back into a bright topaz, and her skin turns pale as her heartbeat stops.

                   "You're no fun, Tia," Kate grumbled. Koda couldn't help but chuckle at the nickname Kate had for her sister. She knew Tanya absolutely hated that nickname, and Koda was positive that's why Kate used it. Tanya glared at her sister, but before they could start one of their many banter sessions, Laurent stepped forward.

                    "Sisters, please, let's not fight over such trivial things," he said in his thick French accent. After months of a vegetarian lifestyle, Laurent's once blood-red irises were now a bright topaz. When Koda first arrived at the Denali household, she was surprised at how much he had changed after finding his mate in Irina, who is the youngest sister of the Denali coven. He was now more empathetic and truly regretful of his past. With his help, Koda found an Inuit community in Alaska that carried the werewbear gene like her. This community took the form of the mighty polar bear and mostly kept away from humanity and vampires. It took weeks for Koda to gain their trust when they found out what she was, but the work had been worth it. The Inuits there taught her about their culture and history, but what surprised her was that her feelings towards Leah were a sign that they are two halves of one whole, which they call twin flames. Because of this, Koda felt so empty inside, as if she was missing a part of her soul. She subconsciously runs her fingers on the small scars over her heart, remembering the fear and pain in Leah's eyes.