Changing Tides

The moonlight reflects off Edith's car as it flies down the street. Bella stares at Edith, seeing that she's still seething with anger, hands gripping the steering wheel, jaw clenched. "How did you find..," Bella asked, but Edith interrupted her.

                    "I should go back and rip those men apart," she spat coldly.

                    Bella's eyes widened in surprise, "No...No. Bad idea," she said.

                    "She's right, Edith....no matter how much I would enjoy it," Koda said from the backseat. Edith took solace in the fact that she wasn't the only one enraged by the men's disgusting actions.

                    "If you had heard the vile, repulsive things they were thinking," Edith gritted out.

                    "And you did?" Bella asked in annoyance.

                    ".... It's not hard to guess," Edith said, trying to cover her mistake.

                    A few minutes later, Edith parks in front of a restaurant. All three of them step out of the vehicle and walk up the steps toward the restaurant as Jessica and Angela exit the building. "Where were you both!? We left you a message," Angela explained in a worried tone.

                    "We waited, but we were starving," Jessica said in an exaggerated tone, then saw Edith behind Bella.

                   They freeze, agog at the sight of her, "Sorry, I kept Bella and Koda from dinner. We ran into each other and got talking," Edith explained with a dazzling smile.

                    "We...understand. We were just... leaving, so...," Jessica said, then she and Angela walked past them to leave.

                    "Okay, well. Thank you," Bella said, then turned to leave with Koda. Edith is torn between if she should follow her feelings or let Bella go.

                    "Maybe I should make sure Bella and Koda get something to eat," Edith said abruptly, causing the girls to stop.

                    Bella looks at Edith in surprise, "... If you'd like. Then I could drive you both back myself," Edith offered.

                    Angela smirked knowingly, "That's so... thoughtful," she said.

                    "Really thoughtful," Jessica said.

                    "I think I'll head back with the girls," Koda said, surprising her sister.

                    "Are you sure?" Bella asked.

                    "Yeah, I'm not really hungry," Koda said, then nudged Bella toward Edith.

                    Bella blushed a little from her sister's actions, "I could eat," she said, looking at Edith, who smiled.

                    Hours later, Koda walks towards the Swan household after being dropped off by Angela and Jessica. She noticed her father's police cruiser wasn't there. As Koda grows closer to the porch, she notices a familiar scent. She looks up at the porch seeing a tall shadowy figure. Koda's eyes flash a bright green while the figure's eyes flash bright yellow. "Who's there?" she called out. The figure steps out of the shadows revealing the man that's been stalking her and Bella. He smirks at how uneasy his presence makes her.