5

I opened the doc for this & the last edit was on September 25, 2022 💀

My bad lol things happen. Anyway, take this because I will disappear once again. Class just started & I already see an essay creeping up in my calendar.

--------------

It's foreign. The world around her seems foreign now. Her reality has crumbled so easily & now Sayaka doesn't know what to do with herself. She doesn't know, as she lays in her bed staring at the ceiling. Midari's presence in the room is both comforting & unsettling. Surely the other girl had questions & simply lying about a cold wouldn't do. She'd catch her tells immediately & ultimately it would lead to the truth regardless. With a sigh that makes her feel hollow, she hesitantly initiates what'll be a long & unbearable conversation. One she's not too sure her body & mind can handle. "Ask." It's barely above a whisper now & like before it hurts her throat as if her own body is begging her to stop. To not pry into this painful truth once more because it will be her demise. Humiliation that will follow as more become aware of her desperation & foolish truth she so desperately chose to ignore. "What's wrong with you? You sick or something?" Or something.. "I- It's complicated.." It really wasn't. It wasn't complicated at all. The President found her boring & uninteresting. Her words confirmed the dark truth that nestled in the back of her mind. That little voice of self-doubt now has the President's voice & it haunts her as she listens. Sayaka was nothing more than a soon to be discarded toy that only brought the President limited satisfaction. Sayaka lets out a sigh of defeat, "It's not..." Despite the protests from her body, she attempts to sit up. There's a sharp pain whenever she breathes & Sayaka takes it as a reminder to ground herself. She's losing what little control she has over herself & honestly by anyone's standards it is embarrassing. "It's the President..I- "Really?! Geez! Here I thought it was something serious! You're all worked up over your damn President?! You had me all worried because of some ridiculous lover's quarrel?" Midari scoffs, "What'd she do now? What did she do that had you so upset yesterday & has you off your schedule today?" Sayaka doesn't respond, hands fiddling & eyes trained to the floor. She's trying so hard not to cry. It's ridiculous. No matter how you look at her situation it was stupid. Something she should've been aware of from the start. It shouldn't even be a surprise & it shouldn't have hurt as much as it did. Yet here she was, destroying her body over some girl who didn't even see her as a lover. Pathetic. By anyone's eyes, especially the Presidents it was pathetic. "That's not it is it?" Midari stops her teasing once she notices the other isn't responding like usual. Sayaka shakes her head, perhaps she shouldn't tell Midari. What good would it do? Someone who constantly teases & makes fun of her for the smallest things. Who would call her a pet to her face from the very start, what good would it do to confirm everything? "What did she do?" Midari's voice is different now. She's not teasing her but rather it feels like she's getting upset & defensive over something she doesn't know. "Sayaka. What. Did. She. Do." The older girl crouches in front of her, as if looking for any type of answer on the other's face. "Did she hurt you?" It's hard now. Sayaka wants to tell her about it, but the words are too jumbled in her throat. Instead, she nods, hoping to clear her throat & mind for what's to come. "That damn woman!" Midari moves away towards the door, probably to start trouble before knowing anything. "Midari.. No.. listen." The older girl stops, turning to face the other with a tired expression that mirrors her own. "Fine. Explain then." Midari breathes out as she lays next to her. The pressure in her chest is overwhelming but there's no use keeping it in now. So, they talk. Sayaka tells her everything. Everything she heard from behind closed doors. How it confirmed her greatest fears & now she's just so lost. She can't bear to look at Midari's face, to see the other roll her eyes at her stupid situation. Everybody knew it was a game. That it wouldn't last. "That's fucked." Midari responds as the silence lingers between them once more. A slight frown settles on her face. "Midari, what's wrong with me?" Sayaka asks as she buries her face into the plush filled with last night's heartbreak. "What are you on about? Nothing. I mean sure you're someone who's pretty tame compared to people in this academy but that's not a high standard you should really strive for." Midari responds sitting up to face her, "Of course, you have your moments of being crazy, but nothing is wrong with you. If anything what's wrong with me, would be a better question to ask. The answers to that are endless, heh. Right?" Nothing. "Do you.. Do you think she would've been happier if I chose the wrong door that night?" "Wha- "She said the gamble was more fun than its outcome. Perhaps, I could have satisfied her desires if I had chosen a different door. Maybe that's how she wanted to get rid of me even if it resulted in my death." A flick on her forehead interrupts her, "Are you stupid?" "Probably." Another flick. "No. That woman is crazy & that's rich coming from me yes I know. The chokehold she had on you is ridiculous & clearly it's still there. You did nothing wrong. She just didn't know what a wonderful person you are. Your love is sincere & she took it for granted. Sayaka, you're still young. Don't get all hung up over one woman when there are plenty out there to bang." Wtf.. Her friend's words were comforting at first, but she knew it wouldn't last too long before it got weird. "Look. With me around I'll help you get control over your life & teach you to live beyond the President's desires. Let the election play out, do your job but don't do anything to aid her. I'd say quit, but you wouldn't do that. I assume you don't want to be in her radar." A nod. Midari turns & pulls her up from the bed. The motion is sudden & it makes her want to throw up. "Alright. Stick with me. The more you hang around me, the better it is to stop you from falling back into her arms that'll surely drop you once she's done. Plus it also allows me to make sure you don't starve yourself as a form of punishment." Perhaps she should eat, she's seeing double & could barely catch onto her friend's words. "I feel dizzy.. Stop moving.." Midari groans before pushing her back onto the bed, clearly not caring but also caring if that made any sense to anybody. "Rest. I'll bring back some soup or something for you. Don't worry about class or anything, grades don't really matter & I doubt a couple misses will affect your wonderful score." Midari grumbles as she heads out, locking the dorm door before heading towards the cafeteria.

----------------

IM SORRY I FORGET IM WRITING A STORY ITS SOMETHING I NEED TO WORK ON BUT I FORGET TO DO SO AS WELL 💀

Anyway, thank you for reading :D