three. origin point

three. origin point

"This is not how I visualized myself in the back of a cop car," Tatum murmured to himself, unknown to him that Blake heard his words

"How did you visualize yourself in a cop car?" Blake inquired out of curiosity. Tatum glanced at her, alluding to the meaning behind his statement. "Don't tell me it's something you would find in a porn video."

"Okay, I won't tell you," Tatum responded, turning his focus back on what was outside the window. A sound of disgust eluded the girl beside him.

"Why are they here?" Everett questioned, his voice shaky from how anxious he was.

"I don't know," Blake answered, not taking her eyes off what was in front of her. "I don't care."

"They were at the hospital," Everett let out.

"Please shut up," Blake urged.

"Oh," Everett's quick breathing could be heard even more than it usually would by Tatum's ears. "W-what were they doing there?"

"Everett, you need to shut up," Blake advised, her tone as vicious as usual before her tone softened, which was a surprise to Tatum. In the few moments that he knew her, she seemed like a brutally honest person. But to see her talk softly to Everett let him know a lot about her feelings towards him. "Stop talking, stop moving, stop everything."

"Keep your fucking mouth shut," Harlan seethed after turning around in his seat, facing the three in the back.

"Harlan, stop being a d-" Tatum was interrupted when the cop driving slammed his fist against the cage in front of the twins. "No talking."

Tatum rolled his eyes in annoyance and, again, peered out the window. Everett's brawny breath could still be heard, no matter how hard Tatum made an effort to ignore it.

"It's still the full moon," Everett declared.

"What's his problem anyway?" Harlan asked his sister.

"I think he's got anxiety," Luna whispered.

"He's got something," Harlan muttered. Tatum reached forward and smacked the boy in the back of his head. Harlan jumped forward at the impact before whipping his head around to look at the boy who sat behind him. "The fuck is your problem?"

"I don't know," Tatum shrugged his shoulders with his lips pursed. "Maybe it's the fact that you're being an asshole to somebody who is clearly having a full-blown panic attack right now."

Harlan was about to say something when the cop repeated the action of slamming his fist against the cage. "Whispering is talking."

Tatum stuck up his middle finger, making sure that the officer was able to see it through his rear-view mirror.