seven. lion's breath

 lion's breath

It was late. Yet sleeping was tough to come by for Tatum. For two reasons. And one of those two reasons was in the laying beside him.

"Harlan, you do know that you have your own room, right?" Tatum told. The two boys faced each other as they lay on the mattress, a blanket was thrown over the top of them. They gazed into each other eyes.

"Yeah, but after you told me about your visit home without us... I don't think you should be left to yourself," Harlan teased.

"I can take care of myself," Tatum responded.

"I bet you can," Harlan proclaimed. The Noble boy attempted to conceal a smile but failed. "Aww, you're blushing."

"Fuck off," Tatum scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Harlan?"

"Hmm?" Harlan hummed as his fingers entwined with Tatum's.

"Is Cyrus gonna be okay?" Tatum inquired, concerned for Cyrus. Concerned for... Whatever the three of them were. "Like, we shouldn't be worried about him... Right?"

"I hope so," Harlan responded. He noticed Tatum yawning and rubbing his eyes. "Get some sleep, Tate. You need it."

"Whatever you say, Bossy McBossy pants," Tatum spoke before closing his eyes.

"You're the literal embodiment of a child," Harlan said with a smile on his lips.

"But you still like me," Tatum spoke with his eyes closed. Harlan scoffed and rolled his eyes. He stayed up a little longer, to ensure that Tatum was sleeping and not faking it. But once he heard the delicate snores escape from the boy, he sighed, cuddled up to him, and fell asleep with his arms wrapped around him.

"He was here. She was below him on the stairs, right there," Everett described his dream from last night to the group of werewolves.

"Where were you?" Harlan questioned.

"At first, over there, behind the counter," Everett pointed over to the room behind them.

"What were you doing over there?" Blake inquired.

"Hiding," Everett answered.

"Hiding?" Harlan reiterated.

"Yeah. He was fucking scary," Everett explained. "If you woke up with a naked guy in your room, you wouldn't be scared?"

"No," Harlan responded as he tilted his head to the side. Everett rolled his eyes and stepped past the group. Tatum suppressed a chuckle before elbowing Harlan in the side. Harlan provided Tatum with a hinting smirk.

"Was he actually here or not?" asked Blake, following behind Everett.

"It's more like he's in my head," Everett answered. "Or I'm in his."