M. Noah

I've been driving around the neighborhood for almost a fucking hour! My throat is so sore from shouting Michael's name out of the car window. But I have to find him.

What even happened? One minute, he was sleeping, having a nightmare. The next, he was rushing to leave. What did he see? Why didn't he want to be comforted like he usually does? I know that he doesn't always want hugs and kisses after a nightmare or flashback, but he usually wants someone to talk to. And if not that, he typically wants somebody to be around.

I've gone through the entire neighborhood two times! Where could he be?! I have to find him. I don't want him to get hurt. He's already had numerous incidents where people have mistaken him for a monster--people have even called the police and animal services!

Wait.

His stabilizers.

Henry was the one who originally built his stabilizers.

Could he have snuck in a tracker, by any chance? And if not, could he have the means to track the frequencies and other techy things inside of them?

It can't hurt to try.

I pull over onto the side of the road and take my phone out of my jacket pocket. I swipe in my pattern lock, then pull up Henry's contact and call his cell. He answers after four rings.

"Hello?" someone other than Henry's voice says. It sounds like Charlie.

"Hi? Um, I need to speak with Henry," I say, a slight chuckle in my voice.

"Lemme find him."

A few moments of silence pass before Henry grumbles, "Hello?"

"Sorry to bother you so late at night, Henry."

"It's fine," he assures me. "The twins refuse to sleep anyway, so..." He chuckles, then yawns. "How can I help you?"

"Michael ran away."

"Oh. Crap."

"He has his stabilizers in. Do you, by any chance, have a means of tracking him?"

Henry sighs. "Noah, if he ran away, he probably has good reason."

"I know that. And I'd respect that and give him his space if he had his Illusion Disc."

"He doesn't have it?"

"No. He left it on the charger."

"Oh, jeez..."

"Do you have a way of tracking him?"

"I might. It depends on how Mike has treated and upgraded his stabilizers. Let me go get my laptop, see if I can find 'im."

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much, Henry!"

"No problem."