M. Noah

The kids seriously missed their father. It's obvious. They've been dancing for two hours straight! Auralie cut out after forty minutes because her leg was tired and she doesn't know how to dance in her wheelchair. But Mike and the others are still going at it.

Suddenly, something falls from Michael's vest pocket and something tiny rolls to the edge of the dance floor. I go over to the edge of the dance floor and pick it up. It's a... a ring? Ugh, those dang kids. They found Mike's old ring from when he was married, but the dorks didn't recognize it. I don't know why he insisted on having a jewel on his ring like women typically do, but he did. Besides, the ruby contrasts the color of his...

An engraved message on the inside of the ring catches my eye.

Innit amazing?

Why would that be on the inside of his ring from his time with Mary? That's a joke between him and me, not him and Marilyn.

Unless...

Unless the kids are right...

Now that I look at it, it doesn't look like his old ring. There's no barely-noticeable dent. The metal is shinier as if it's brand new or it was recently polished. The ruby isn't circular like it was but ovular. And it seems that the shade of red is brighter than it was.

This isn't his ring from Marilyn.

Is he planning to propose to me?