Vanessa

** Midnight of the next day **

I'm going through my nightly rounds in the tunnels underneath the Pizzaplex, music playing through my Bluetooth earbuds as I scan the dark corridors with my flashlight. I can hear somebody's footsteps echoing through the tunnels. Just before I can look around to see who it is, the person bulldozed into me, making me drop my flashlight.

"Sorry, Vanessa!" they shout as they run off.

Wait a minute.

I know that voice.

I grab my flashlight and stand up, then flash the light in the person's direction.

There he is.

"Gregory, what're you doing here?!" I shout down the corridor. "Freddy told you to leave and never come back!"

"Well, I came back anyway!" he shouts back.

I sigh and run after him. Once I catch up to him, he's done running. He's on the floor, using medical supplies to help someone. When I reach him, I can see that the person is Michael. He's unconscious, a pool of blood on the floor beneath his head.

"What the hell?!" I exclaim worriedly. "What happened?"

"I-I don't know!" Gregory replies nervously. "I came to get a Band-Aid because I scraped my knee, and on my way to the First Aid station, I found him unconscious on the floor with this puddle of blood."

"Do you even know what you're doing?" I ask, pointing to the First Aid supplies he grabbed.

"Not really. I was just going to clean it, then wrap some gauze around his head." He puts his two first fingers on Mike's neck to check for a pulse.

"Good. That's exactly what you need to do." I sigh. "I'll go get a mop to clean up the blood. You stay here and treat his wound." Gregory's face pales. "What's wrong, kid?"

"I-I-I c-can't feel his p-pulse!" he exclaims worriedly.

I sigh again. "Dammit, Michael. Make that a mop and some remnant. I'll be right back."