𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

vol. i ▬ after the war,

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

[ platonic!mattheo riddle x cherry smith ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

harry potter, after the war

1998 ~ 1999

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

  BRITAIN'S POPULATION of the wizarding world is recovering, slowly. cherry smith is lucky that her family is still intact━her brother, zach, and her parents. but she knows, first hand, that luck didn't favour everyone. her own friends━draco, mattheo, and theo━all lost at least one family member. draco had lost his father to azkaban; theo had lost his grandfather to death, and his mother finally lost her battle with dragonpox (his father was already in azkaban); and finally, mattheo, who's own father was Voldemort: he'd lost the last person of his family.

  cherry knows that she's lucky to get that eighth year in hogwarts because of the war━but this time? she's determind to make it fun, unlike her other seven years. peaceful, if she dared wish.

  she also knew that things would be awkward between the entire friend group: theo was more withdrawn, and, even with their breakup happening in the midst of war, they knew they weren't getting back together. mattheo, her precious matty, who might have hated his father, but he was still his only family━it was all cherry could do to keep him off the brink of depression. and draco, sweet, egoistic draco, who himself and his mother were barely saved because of their actions in malfoy manor and the forbidden forest.

  with orders of merlin, first class, awarded to the 'saviours', harry potter, hermione granger, and ronald weasley━well, it was safe to say that they weren't all that welcome everywhere. while they had defeated the dark lord who terrorized them all, too many had lost beloveds as it took the golden trio too long to stop him. the families that were neutral, the light, and the dark were thankful, but it came at a cost.

  but still, the wizarding population would recover. it wasn't a question to them━they simply knew that they would, no matter the length of the time that the process would take.

  and cherry knows that the first step in moving forward is letting go of the past...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER INDEX FOR 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

1. siblings are made for annoyance

2. raid the chocolate stash

3. you promised, zach, promised...

4. who says girls can't have fun?

5. wait, what, mattheo?!

6. of the past

7. spill, my dudes

8. seeing him again ... (should sparks fly?)

9. some spiteful (small) reveals

10. i can't love you (but, well, i didn't before)

11. past lovers & arguements

12. the aftermath

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃ " I'VE BEEN breaking hearts for 

... a long time ... and toyin' with them 

older guys ... just playthings for  me to 

use ... something happened for the first 

time, in the darkest little paradise ... 

shakin, pacin', i just need you. "

    ( taylor swift

    don't blame me, 2017 )

▃▃▃ " IN THIS world, it's just us ...

you know it's not the same as it was ...

as it was, as it was ...

... you know it's not the same ... "

( harry styles    

as it was, 2022 )    

▃▃▃ " AND WE can't even be on the 

phone now ... and i can't be with you 

alone now ... oh, how shit changes, we

were in love, now we're strangers ...

when i feel it coming up, i just through

it all away ... get another two shots 

'cause it doesn't matter anyway ... "

    ( louis tomlinson

    miss you, 2017 )