𝒙𝒗. the first date ii

chapter fifteen ; 15

xv. the first date ii

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷

REΛL LIFE | 14:49

  𝕱LASH!

The flash▬very obviously a camera's, Cherry just wanted to point out that these magicals had no stealth at all▬had shocked both girls, whom's hands▬which had started to creep closer and closer together▬slipped from the table. Cherry's fists shook, knowing that she couldn't say a word, lest it be bumped up into her acting as a girl who's a nasty old slytherin. (Which would be disastrous!) 

So, in the case, she had to let Hermione take the lead. It could either harm or better Mione's image▬she could become the girl▬who▬friended▬snakes, positively, or the girl▬who▬friended▬snakes, negatively. If only, only Cherry could tell▬

"Skeeter." And to Cherry's surprise, it isn't her who needs to speak▬Hermione does it herself, cold and aloof, as if pressing Skeeter to the ground. Cherry's lip twitches: every single precious second she spends with Hermione, every second she learns something new, something that makes Cherry like her even more. "You aren't welcome here, Rita."

Of course, this causes for quite the stir in the Three Broomsticks. It starts with Madam Rosmerta, who gives a faint, slightly surpressed shriek, then continues onto some of the nobles, even, Circe's shaggy tits!, even Lord Ernest MacMillan II▬one of her father's longest colleagues, meaning her parents would hear about it, even if Rita didn't manage to catch the evening post. 

Rita's group▬consisting much of photographers, Rita herself, and a probably well-hidden army of fierce Quik-Notes Quill▬were standing in the middle of the pub, which Cherry found disgraceful and un-elegant. 

"Miss Hufflepuff! Miss Smith!" one of the photographers yelled, and, Cherry, uncustomed to being called by her correct title, makes the mistake of looking towards the person▬and flash! again goes the camera. 

Rita Skeeter flashes her infamous perfect pearly white grin, which contrasted much with the expression on Cherry's face. "So girls ..." Skeeter started, crooking her index finger along the upper tip of her lip. "Why don't we sit down for a little chat?" 

It obviously wasn't an option▬which was made especially clear to Cherry when she scanned the pub, noticing everyone's eyes on her. "Very well," she said graciously, standing up to allow Rita to sit. With a quick wink to Hermione to reassure her she knew what she was doing, Cherry added smoothly, "you and one photographer, please." The show of everything▬is▬normal let everyone go back to their own business and dealings and conversations, but, to Cherry's ears, everything was more muted▬a show that every person in the Three Broomsticks was holding their breath. A rare show of unity. 

"What brings you here on this fair day, Miss Rita?" Cherry questioned politely, yet with a strange hardness to her tone. What was obvious enough was Cherry's dismissal of Skeeter, using Miss Rita, showing Skeeter that Cherry didn't believe the Skeeter name held any ounce of power in political matters. 

"Simply some questions ..." Rita smirked, her eyes dragging over Hermione and Cherry with inquiry. "After all▬it is not every ordinary day in which we see G▬our hero, Hermione Granger, meeting with ... a slytherin whom's family originates from Lady Hufflepuff."

"My mother is Lady Hufflepuff, Miss Rita," Cherry corrected.

"Yes, yes," Skeeter waved her arm and Cherry's gut boiled. "Now tell me, Cherry▬"