𝒗. wait, what, mattheo?!

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷

  "REALLY THOUGH━CHERRY," he chides, laughing at my shocked face. "Don't tell me you thought━oh god! You did!" His laughter comes in bouts that make my face turn redder and redder every single time. His howls slowly turn into chuckles until he's laughing silently, shoulder shaking and eyes tearing.

  I frown, and push his shoulder. "Fuck this━" I groan. Draco laughs once more before patting my shoulder, fake-sympathetic. He's obviously bemused, but he stays silent, something I'm thankful for. I know I'm not the smartest egg in the basket━but with Zacharias as my brother, a word about my mistakes will get back to him and will haunt me.

  Draco is the only reason I'm barely maintaining an Acceptable━how he gets and outstanding is beyond me. Even having an Exceeds Expectations is an impossible goal for me. "Dray?" I hesitate. Draco's tutoring often turns into a more joyous occasion: somehow, I still focus. 

  "Yes, Cher?"

  "Okay, but are you kidding me? Why━why in the world━it makes no sense━explain it, Draco!" I stutter. Anything━well, anything is a lost cause with me━but charms? Yeah, you lost me back in 1993, or some shit date like that. Third year? Yes, I barely passed that. Ever since, pretty sure I got a P or some crappy score like that━if we got grades.

  He laughs again. "Cherry━it's easy. See there"━he points━"where it says green sparks? Just include that in your essay, it should add a few extra points, who knows you need them." I elbowed him sharply.

  "I know I'm going to fail. You know I'm going to fail. Could you just not rub it in?" I snark. 

  "Yeah, yeah," he rolls his eyes. "Just talk about the sparks and whatever fuck you want to make up━should do the trick..."

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷

  A WHISTLING FILLS my ears, harsh whistling. I look up; there's Mattheo, in all of his glory. "Having some hard times, Cherry?"

  "Fuck you!"

  He cocks his head and answers flirtily, "Didn't you say no?" 

  Draco outright coughedexcuse him━before choking, "You asked to shag her?!" This sent me into a bout of (a mix) of laughing and choking, as well, before I managed to gasp,

  "Are you a fucking alec? No, of course not!" I pant, "he was fucking joking." Right━? Because, too my knowledge, nothing like that had ever happened between us━?

  Mattheo stopped laughing and knits his eyebrows together. "Are you okay...? Cher...?" he questions and a pit forms in my stomach. No, it couldn't be━we never did, did we? His expression quickly clears as he smiles once more. "I figured you'd forget..." he said, but his eyes conveyed the different message━one of longing? No, it just couldn't be! "...the party when you got wasted for the first time? Sixth year? You were drunk out of your mind..." he finishes with a wistful smile; though, however happy he feels off of those memories doesn't change the fact that I can't remember what the fuck happened that night. So I smile, nod, and play along, joking as well, 

  "Never thought you were serious━" I chuckle fakely and my eyes catch his. Our gaze is held milliseconds too long: a sly blush glows over my cheeks as I look away, breaking eye contact. 

  "Phew," Draco exaggerates, "thought you were serious for a second there, mates━"

  "━yeah, no━"

  "━don't give me that heart attack again? Please?" he finishes as if Mattheo hadn't interrupted him. It could have been like he didn't━Draco was smooth with his words, which I had always pinned on him growing in a pureblood household. Not that I didn't━just that I was the second child, a girl, and 'not worth my time'. 

  "I didn't mean to do so," Mattheo replies smoothly, almost onto the level of Draco's. Then, while my attention is directed elsewhere, he grabs my arm and starts to drag me away. "I'll take her to study in the library now, Draco."

  Excuse me?! I am not a doll! Wait━fucking hell, he said study? In the fucking library? With nothing but that thought in my head, I whined, "...but Mattheo!"

but Mattheo!"