𝒙𝒊. past lovers & arguments

(TW: DRUNK & PTSD MENTIONS & HITTING A DRUNK PERSON)

chapter eleven ; 11

xi. past lovers & arguments

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷

real life 

"IF THEY LET me," cherry laughed━a brutal, harsh sort of laugh that reminded her of war. it caused her to attempt and shrink away from herself, not wanting to accept that cruel understanding that the war was starting to slip off of peoples' minds. every and each single particle of her body refused to accept the thought that a torcherous war could easily slip of everyones' minds ... because she herself couldn't fathom such thoughts. 

 she was still much too invested in the warboth mentally, and physically, as well as emotionally. the war had left too much trauma, too much ptsd, for her to manage to cope with her emotions well enough. 

 "if they let me?" she repeated in a sort of screech, not caring at the strange looks she received from lis, one of her dormmates. lis, no doubt now thought that cherry was part banshee. (cherry didn't blame her dorm mate one bit if she thought sobecause if it was her, she'd think the exact same thing.) "oh, witch" she cackled, "oh witch, you should wish that they let melet me, as if i am a dogi'm no dog!" (no, if professor brindlemore heard cherry, the very last thing she'd want to do is converse with her; in fact, the professor got shivers all the way up to gryffindor tower!

 "bitch!" someone yelled, and cherry stopped her laughter to stare.

 "'xuse me?" she slurred, slightly delirious from multiple nights of no sleep. 

 cherry stared in shock at the stocky boy stomping towards her (boys' and girls' dorms were mixed for eighth year, to deal with late-night trauma.) theodore nottone of her grades' pretty boysand, unfortunately, cherry's one and only ex. "you fucking bitch!" he yelled. 

 cherry impulsively shrank away, trying to push away all and every memory of war. 

 "what did i do?" her voice is timid, she knows she currently needs some type of pillar-support, but when she looks around, lis is gone. 

 "you fucking bitch!" he repeats, and cherry shrinks back more. "what did spreading rumours get you, huh? 'bout me 'nd you?"

 cherry frowns at theo. "excuse me? what rumours?"

 "oh, don't play dumb with me, motherfuckerall those fucking rumours! what do they get you, huh?!"

 cherry shivers. something is wrong, she thinks, curling herself in. theo is never like this ... where did her theo go? the one who was sweet to her, even after they broke up, who lifted up her spirits yet made her laugh with their awkwardness? something was wrong, something was wrong, something was very wrong with theodore. she's only seen him like this one time before ... at a slytherin party ... "oh god ..." he's drunk. he's fucking ducking drunk

 just to make sure she's correct, she checks theodore's eyes. hints of red show, and, in that second, she can tell that he is drunk. "theo ..." she whispers sadly as he yells,

 "why? why, cherry? we were fucking happy!" 

 cherry's heart breaks. maybe he was happy ... maybe he was. but was she? that was the question that had plagued her throughout the war, not wanting to lead a friend ondid she love theodore nott?

 the answer had always come up to be no. maybe, sure, she'd had her crushes and her schoolgirl fancies, and whatnot, but she'd never truly, truly, truly, loved him, with all of her heart, soul, and being ... 

 maybe as a friend ...

 but never as a lover.

 that was certain.

 but how could she tell that to him, with him being drunk? 

 except she's saved, again, by lovely mattheo riddle, who bursts into the room, doesn't bother knocking (cherry wouldn't ever admit it gutterily, but she's silently thankful for his disregard for manners), and yells, "get away from her!", to theo, reaching across the small space to yank theodore off of her.

 "you drunk cunt!" he yells into theodore's face, adding with a small whisper, "i trusted youtrusted you that if you got drunk, you wouldn't come here! would stay in our fucking room!" mattheo raised his hand and slapped theodore across the face, harshly. 

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷

 yeah, theo's been drinking...the loss of cherry has been hitting him hard. (it's been one two months, already 600 views? ahhh guys thanks <3)

just wanted to clear up that theo never abused cherry  :')