The Shining Beacon pt 1

After what seemed like an eternity the ships finally landed at Beacon Academy. Hundreds of students rushed off the ships to the loading docks and made their way to the  school's court yard. A certain blonde male student ran off the ship looking for the closest trash and hunched over losing this mornings breakfast.

Ruby, Yang and Y/n followed alongside many other students, walking off  ship and went down the paved path to the front of the school.

Y/no's mouth dropped and eyes widened taking in the whole picture of the academy. And mouthed "wow"

Ruby and Yang: Wow...

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Ruby couldn't hold in his excitement.

Ruby: (starts fangirling with starts in his eyes. Looking all around excitedly unsure where to hold is attention) Ohmygosh, bro! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword! (He tries getting closer, but Yang pulls his brother by the hood back) Ow! Ooww!

Y/n pressed her fingertips to her lips and let out a sound similar to a giggle at Ruby's cute outburst.

Yang: Easy there, little brother. They're just weapons!

Ruby: 'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! Our personalities! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby: (starting to hug crescent rose) Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Without turning her head Y/n gasped and her face dropped and sent a side eye to Ruby. Ruby noticed and had a little freak out and started to wave his hands back and forth.

Ruby: Gah! That's not- I didn't-I Um! Except for you I mean! Please don't be mad at meeeeeeee!

Yang: (playfully pushing his brothers hood down over his face) Ruby, come on, meeting new people would be good for you. You met Y/n and managed to get a girlfriend out of it.

Y/n's face turned bright red. Y/n in fake anger playfully "shoved" (it barely made him move...he's built like a tank👀) on his exposed muscular arm. And mouthed *no!*

Ruby : Hey! she's not my girlfriend....(pulling down his hood.

Yang:(smirks) Oh I know...but seriously why not make some friends of your own?

Ruby: (looks confused up at yang) But... why would I need friends if I have you and Y/n.

Yang: Well...Actuallymyfriendsareheregottagocatchup. Kayseeyabye!!!

Yang proceeded to run off with a bunch of his "friends" (that we would never see him hang out with again 🤔) Ruby started to panic and poor Y/n stood there awkwardly and rubbed her arm.

Ruby: Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing...

With Ruby's frantic looking around and pacing he walked backwards into Y/n bumping her into a luggage cart. When Y/n tried to catch herself she only managed to grab the back to Ruby's red cape pulling them both down. Knocking the many suitcases onto the ground. Y/n groaned putting a hand up to her all while trying to control her dizziness. She didn't seem to realize the position her and Ruby were in and well neither did Ruby because he was pretty dizzy too. Y/n tried to sit up only to find resistance on her chest. Ruby had his back towards her and was sitting in between her legs. When Y/n started to gain back focus she noticed that a shadow blocking out the sun moved towards them. Someone is standing over her.