Chapter Four

(* You can get audio here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1727470761 *)

"Father told me that you were here, and you're here!"

Seeing the man like this, Alison was wondering what to do...Did she get picked up by some crazy man?

Just at that time, another man came in, an older one, and he stated, "Take him out to play."

"Yes, Master."

"But I want to stay with her!" The younger man stated, almost like a little boy on the verge of having a tantrum.

The older man turned his head and Alison saw the servants hasten their efforts on taking the younger man out of the room, "Nuisance!"

Alison immediately knew who the boss was here and waited for everyone to leave before she lowered her head to him.

Right now wasn't a good time to be foolish, she needed to understand what was going on first! Especially since they had already bested her once, even taking her somewhere where she doesn't even know yet. No, it was not the time to do anything stupid!

"From now on, that is your father."

Alison didn't say anything for a moment but instead nodded. It was clear though, this old man didn't like his own son.

"Interesting, so you're not stupid, I see. I thought that you would be like my stupid son, seeing you go into the palace to steal but...Perhaps you aren't as bad as I thought!"

Alison looked away from him and wanted to escape now. You old coot!

"Don't be like that, I just complimented you!"

Biting her lip for a moment, Alison nodded. It's not like she can't escape at any time...She was a thief after all!

So, take it easy, she told herself.

"Don't think of escaping either. I can make your life a living hell if I want it to be! Besides, isn't a street rat like you getting more then what they deserve in the first place?"

Who was this man!?

"Let's get to business then, shall we?" The old man sat down then, waving for Alison to sit as well. The room was big enough for this table, the bed and some other things and Alison missed her room, her room that was now wrecked...

"I will give you this type of living, for you to do as I tell you. You can have a bed, clean sheets...Food, dresses, make up. You can go for tea parties, if you like...But you must become my person to keep these things."

Alison didn't show anything on her face as she continued to stare and listen to this old man badger on like he had gained a huge pawn...

"Your name from now on is Adaline, and you are now seventeen."

Alison stayed silent as the old, new master told her that she was his foolish son's only daughter. He let out, whether he meant to or not, that he really did have a granddaughter, but that she had died.

It could be a lie, Alison thought, but what does it matter. What was important was the business agreement and that was very basic.

He wanted her to act the part of his granddaughter and try to obtain the Prince's heart. He didn't tell her much beyond that but yes, for now, that was her task...

Stupid!

No way!

The last thing in the world that Alison wanted to do was to gain the Prince's heart! He was, after all, the son of the man who had killed her family!