5 - Time Flew

I had been spending a lot of time with the Sully's for the past few weeks. If we weren't at the lab, or adventuring through the forest, Kiri and I were walking along the river, or sitting around ponds, talking about animals, nature, Eywa, and sometimes Spider.

Although I love my family, I have been feeling as if I had come as far as I could grow with them. There wasn't much else to learn from them, and my days felt wasted when spent at home. At the base I could learn about science, English, humans, and even more about Pandora. I only felt whole when I was with the Sully's, but I have had the lingering feeling that I am spending too much time with them. That, maybe they would grow tired of me after a while. That I am moving to fast, coming on too strong. I have brought it up to Kiri, but she always tells me the opposite, but she is Kiri, and it didn't stop my thoughts from making me feel that way.

Honestly, I hadn't spent much time with my own family since I was really young. Once Kata was old enough to take care of herself, I started to slip away, and I would spend all my days on my own. So, the amount of time I spend with my family hasn't changed. I just shared my time with the Sully's now, rather than being alone every day. Now, I am learning new skills, how to hunt, fish, and even how to fight. My mother would never allow the me to fight, I was always "her little girl". I am focusing on improving myself, only really going home to see Kata. But with every passing day, I grow stronger, and happier. 

--- Time Skip --- 

The weeks turned into months, and pretty soon, the months turned into years.

I was fifteen when she first met the Sully kids. We have been running together for three years now. Unexpectedly, one year ago, the sky people returned. All the time they were back on their star, was time spent preparing and developing new tech, they aren't giving up on taking Pandora. They never gave up the fight, this time they were back, and back for good. They set up a new base, ten times bigger and stronger than the original, impenetrable.

We moved away from the tree of souls, into the Hallelujah Mountains, literally. Our new home for the foreseeable future is High Camp, we live within the caverns of the mountains. Apparently, the sky people's tech doesn't work here, for reasons Norm explained, but I don't care to fully understand. All I know is it's the safest place we can be. They cannot find us here, even if they  know where we are. The mountains are everchanging. 

Jake Sully has been training everyone to deal with the sky people, and the humans at the first base were doing everything they could to help. They set up a new base in the mountains with us, we are now coexisting, pooling our resources. They use their tech to plan attacks to raid the RDA supply caravans, and we're working to build a Na'vi army with the skills and technology to fight against the sky people when the time was right. It seemed Jake had a plan for every situation.

--

During a caravan raid, Lo'ak had decided it was a good idea to go down and grab guns. Their job was to be lookouts. Because of this, Lo'ak almost cost Neteyam his life. Jake was infuriated, and took it out on Lo'ak. Neteyam tried to take the blame, but Jake knew the truth.

Kiri, Tuk and Safi were waiting for their return. When they got back, it was clear something wasn't right. Neytiri tried to calm Jake, while Kiri and Tuk checked their brothers' injuries. Safi inspected the ikran and took off their gear, not wanting to interfere with the family issues.

"Boys." Jake calls over Neteyam and Lo'ak, clearly angry.

"You're supposed to be spotters." Jake says. "You spot bogies and you call them in... From a distance!" He yells. "Does any of this sound familiar? Get here!" He orders Lo'ak. "Jesus I let you two geniuses fly a mission and you disobey direct orders."