Chapter 7

"Sasuke!" I looked behind me with a wide smile, seeing the blue eyed universe standing inside the beach waters. He waved his hand with his bright smile. "Come!" 

"Coming!" I looked around and grabbed the doughnut that me and him aired earlier. 

"Sasuke come here!" This time the scream was louder, but further. I looked up again, seeing him far in the water. "Sasuke come quick! SASUKE HURRY UP!" 

"Naruto! Don't go so far, you're not that much of a good swimmer!" I grabbed my things fast and ran into the water. "Naruto?" I looked around to not find him anywhere. "Naruto!?" I splashed the water, pushing myself and swimming towards where I last saw him. 

"Sasuke." I heard a muffle under my feet then a hand that held onto my ankles. 

The water was icy cold, and the currents were stronger than I had anticipated. I swam with all my might, but every time I thought I was getting closer, Naruto was pulled further away. The fear of losing Naruto was almost too much to bear. I tried to push the thought away, but it lingered, haunting me even in the waking world. I felt like I was losing a part of myself. 

Finally, I reached Naruto, but is now on the brink of exhaustion. I grabbed hold of Naruto, and started swimming back up, I felt a tug on my shorts as I looked down to the blue Naruto. 

"Sasuke, why are you touching me? Don't touch me." Water bubbles flew out his mouth. "You're not supposed to touch me Sasuke!? WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING ME SASUKE!?"

"SORRY NARUTO! I DON'T MEAN TO! I DON'T WANT TO!" 

Horror rips my eyelids open.

My body is drenched in a cold sweat, my brain swimming in unforgettable waves of pain. My eyes settle on circles of black that dissolve in the darkness. I have no idea how long I've slept. I have no idea if I've scared anyone in the hallway or my neighbors. 

Naruto was staring at me. 

I'm breathing hard and I manage to have myself upright. I pull the blankets closer to my body only to realize I've fallen asleep at his and mothers place in the hospital. I have no idea what to say. There's nothing to say."

The screams never stop in the hospital, do they?" Naruto asked awkwardly. 

"No," I mouth almost mutely. A faint blush flushes my face and I'm happy it's too dark for him to notice. He must have heard my cries. "Why aren't you sleeping anyway?" 

"Let's just say I was 5 minutes ago." He bit his lower lip. "Nightmares?" 

"Yeah." I looked to the side. 

"Sasuke." 

"W-What is it?" Mentally killed myself for shuddering.

"Come here." He tapped his side on the bed. "The mattress looks very uncomfortable.

I sat up, my back cracking like grandma's did after vacuuming. Naruto greeted me with a soft smile as I crawled to his bed. As I reached it, I put my chin on his mattress, looking up at his blue eyes that sparkled in the dark.

"I might touch you." 

"I'm up for the challenge." 

"Idiot." I climbed onto his bed laying beside him.

I lay in the bed next to Naruto, my mind filled with conflicting emotions. On the one hand, I was grateful for the warmth and comfort that Naruto provided, but on the other hand, I was aware that I was not allowed to touch him. How could I not? The light shades of peach and pink in his face, the softness you could feel with your eyes, the warmth of his skin, the comfort of his hands. 

"You okay?" He held the blue blanket, wrapping it around me, leaving nothing on himself. 

I tried to smile, and decided to avoid his question. "Thank you for the blanket." 

He leans in closer, nearly hugging me. His body heat does to me more than the blanket ever could. Something in my joints aches with an acute yearning, a desperate need I've never been able to fulfill. My bones were begging for something I cannot allow. 

Touch me.

I turned to meet his eyes but regretted it immediately. There were less than 3 inches between us and I couldn't move because my body only knows how to freeze.  Every muscle everymovement tightens, every vertebra in my spinal column is ablock of ice. I'm holding my breath and my eyes are wide,locked, caught in the intensity of his gaze. I can't look away.I don't know how to retreat. 

Oh. 

God. 

His eyes.

I've been lying to myself, determined to deny theimpossible. I know him I know him I know him I know him the boy, the blue. I've begun to shake. My body is suddenly fighting amaelstrom of emotions, my brain plagued by the world I'mlosing and pained by this boy who does not remember me. I'm gripping theblanket so hard I'm afraid it's going to tear. Ice slices myskin, horror clots my veins. 

I wrap the blanket around my shoulders until I'm cocoonedin the tremors that won't stop terrorizing my body. I'mhorrified by my lack of self-control. I can't make myself still. 

His hand suddenly caresses my back.His touch is scorching my skin through the layers of fabricand I inhale so fast my lungs collapse. I'm caught incolliding currents of confusion, so desperate so desperate sodesperate to be close so desperate to be far away. I don'tknow how to move away from him. I don't want to moveaway from him.

 I don't want him to be afraid of me.

"Hey." His voice is soft so soft so soft. His arms arestronger than all the bones in my body. He pulls myswaddled figure close to his chest and I shatter. Two threefour fifty thousand pieces of feeling stab me in the heart,melt into drops of warm honey that soothe the scars in mysoul. The blanket is the only barrier between us and he pullsme closer, tighter, stronger, until I hear the beats hummingdeep within his chest and the steel of his arms around mybody severs all ties to tension in my limbs. His heat meltsthe icicles propping me up from the inside out and I thaw Ithaw I thaw, my eyes fluttering fast until they fall closed,until silent tears are streaming down my face and I'vedecided the only thing I want to freeze is his frame holdingmine. "It's okay," he whispers. "You'll be okay."

No, I'll be okay, that's the problem Naruto.

 It takes every broken filament in my being to pull awayfrom him. I do it because I have to. Because it's for his owngood. Someone is sticking forks in my back as I trip away.The blanket catches my foot and I nearly fall before Naruto reaches out to me again. 

"Sasuke-" 

"You can't t-touch me." My breathing is shallow and hardto swallow, my fingers shaking so fast I clench them into afist. "You can't touch me. You can't." My eyes trained on the door. 

The blankets fall to the floor. The world fades out of focus,my ears outsource every sound to another dimension. Myeyes close, my thoughts drift, my memories kick me in theheart. 

I know him. 

I've tried so hard to stop thinking about him.I've tried so hard to forget his face.I've tried so hard to get those blue blue blue eyes out ofmy head but I know him I know him I know him it's been 5 years since I last saw him.I could never forget the deep ocean that I drowned in. The ocean I found so beautiful. 

I remember. I remember you Naruto Uzumaki.