Chapter 5: Wind Boy and Windy Whispers

What do I say now? I mean this is my world and stuff...

Y/N's mind raced after Diluc put the artifacts away, even Kaeya showed him and it was the same set, the same off-piece, and the same stats that they remember. "So this god just gives you guys this stuff?" please just let me get more info 

Kaeya hummed then nodded, "after we encounter a shooting star we feel their presence, the traveller seems to be the main element user they stay with though. We only ever feel their presence when we're exploring our nation or fighting a battle,"

Y/N heard a squeak as Zeph shifted abruptly in their cape. Lifting their cape, confusion dusted their face as they saw the slime staring at their hip and more specifically their knife. It was glowing dully with a  light green glow. 

Just then the door opened loudly letting a breeze in followed by a distinct, childish voice.

"Good evening master Diluc! I'll take a bottle or two of your dandelion wine!"

"You haven't even paid off your tab yet." Diluc's deadpanned face turned to the bard who had just so loudly entered the room.

"Ehe," Venti laughed and sat on the stool next to Y/N and opened a small bag of mora before handing it to Diluc. "There's some to pay it off," he looked pretty proud of himself for even having mora in the first place though it wasn't even enough.

I wonder how long he's been doing this. Y/N just watched as Diluc shook his head and got a glass and a bottle of wine before placing it down in front of the bard. Venti happily took both and poured himself a drink. 

"Ah... that's some nice wine," he closed his eyes and smiled before turning to Y/N. "I don't believe we've met before nice looking stranger. I'm Venti the bard, three-time winner of being the most popular bard in Mondstadt!"

Y/N smiled at his antics, "nice to meet you, Venti," they said followed by a light friendly noise from Zeph. "My name's Y/N," they took a sip of their grape juice not noticing Venti blinking in surprise.

He looked back and forth from Diluc who was busy making drinks for customers, to Kaeya drinking while staring at Y/N in a subtle, unnoticeable way and to Y/N who was currently dealing with Zeph wiggling around under their cape. 

How interesting, they feel familiar. Like a comforting breeze carrying warmth towards everything. They're the voice guiding me when protecting Mondstadt aren't they..? I can always recognise their voice, their praise.

Kaeya made eye contact with the bard and nodded, confirming Venti's suspicions were the same as his.

I should join the adventurer's guild... Wait but I don't know how to fight. I'll probably die or something as soon as I accept a commission. But there are easy ones like delivering food and cleaning places. Hmmm, how to make mora...

Y/N swirled their grape juice around in thought before continuing to drink it. Zeph let out another noise before floating out from under Y/N's cape and proceeded to... Poke Venti? It looked more like a slime was smacking the side of its body against the archon's face but it gave off the energy of a cat carefully tapping something a few times.

"Ehe!" Venti let out a laugh as the slime kept interacting with him, "I've never met a slime like this one before, maybe I should write a song about it," he hummed a short melody before turning to Y/N again. 

"Maybe Zeph likes you," Y/N said smiling at the 2 anemo users. Venti then stood up having finished his wine and pulled out his lyre plucking a few strings before playing a short, cheerful tune. "It's a work in process," he said and continued to hum along, Kaeya and Diluc watching the bard occasionally before going back to minding their own business.

It was as if Venti was once again just a tiny wind sprite in their presence, when he hears their voice the feeling of safety and trust covers him. The winds in Mondstadt were refreshing, calm and peaceful as he sat in their presence. Venti stared at the owner of the mysterious voice, the guide, the secret god assisting him and others in the Teyvat and laughed.

"I wonder why you pretend to be clueless Y/N," He said.

About what? 

"This is the world of which you've guided after all."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh short chapter hehe.

My mind has been blank the past few days and kept forgetting to write so oops-

This was kind of a Venti-leaning chapter cause one of my friends are silly goofy for him. I know you're reading this, you know who you are. Heh 𓁹‿𓁹