Chapter 7: Guilt and Laundry

Drinks with Kaeya and Venti were entertaining... Though they took turns asking them questions about the multitude of references Y/N made while guiding them.

"What is a sussy?"

"Why do you say you are a simp? What is a simp? Is it another word for guide?"

"Y/N why do you call Venti a cup size?"

"My guide why do you play such interesting music while aiding us fight?" (it was CPR. Y/N was listening to CPR while doing commissions.)

By the end of the night on their walk with Diluc back to Dawn Winery they were ready to jump into bed and sleep, which they did with Zeph tucked into their arms, with barely any recollection of their conversation with the redhead due to the mix of wine and exhaustion.

"Diluc," Y/N's voice was quiet as it cut through the silence between the two as they entered the mansion, "why do you and other vision holders tolerate my actions? Don't you find it... restricting when I control you? Tiring? You live in Mondstadt, the city, the nation of freedom, doesn't my existence and actions contradict all that?"

Diluc's brows went down, his eyes softened as he looked at Y/N, "at first it was strange of course, though by the time I had been blessed with a golden star Kaeya and a few other vision holders around Mondstadt have discussed their experiences,"

Y/N's expression shifted, mouth slightly open as if they wanted to say something else, brows furrowed and eyes glossy and down.

Footsteps echoed as the pair walked to the guest room.

"You have treated us with nothing but care and kindness, frustrated at times but apologetic when being upset, without you I wouldn't have learned about artifacts or their power, and I wouldn't have known every corner of Mondstadt in such a short time without you and your guidance, and many other positives,"

Diluc opened the door to the room and led Y/N to the bed followed by Zeph who climbed into their arms, it made him sad that someone he's relied on and practically worshipped was thinking of themselves like this. "I'm sure many others feel the same," he said as he helped them and their slime companion to sleep. Once they had, he turned off the lights before leaving.

"Good night, Y/N,"

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:*⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The sun was shining its rays through the window and onto Y/N's face the next morning as they woke up to Zeph's squeaking towards the door. A few knocks were heard as Y/N became conscious once again.

"Oh- um come in," They answered shifting on the bed to sit up as the person knocking walked in. He had a tray with food and a glass of water on it and put it down on one of the bedside tables. Diluc smiled kindly at Y/N, he was in his usual get-up today but he was lacking his black coat.

"Good morning Y/N," He said then greeted the anemo slime with a nod, "good morning to you too Zeph," Diluc then motioned to the tray he put down. "This is a small snack and a glass of water to help with a potential hangover," He glanced at the person in front of him, admiring their features in the morning sun before looking away quickly.

"Oh thanks, Diluc," Y/N said smiling, how considerate, though it would take more than a few drinks to give me a hangover. They moved Zeph from out of their arms and the slime simply floated to rest on top of their head making cheerful noises as if saying good morning to the redhead near them.

"The showers are down the hall," Diluc continued, "If you need assistance feel free to ask me or one of my staff members, if you feel like it, you can accompany me to go to the city again today, I have some business I need to take care of and a few of the knights want to meet you,"