Chapter 6: Some Panic and More Drinks

"Eh?"

Y/N sat there dumbfounded at what the bard said. He knew, which means that Diluc and Kaeya probably knew too... What now-

Are they gonna like lock me up? Wait no it's not like it's yandere cult AU right? 

Venti laughed, "I don't know why you're acting so clueless my Guide, I think it's clear to you that you have finally descended to Teyvat,"

Y/N blinked and looked to the side and found Diluc looking at them, his face was unreadable but Y/N could tell that there was a hint of admiration yet hurt in his eyes. Kaeya on the other hand had a smile on his face clearly amused by their confusion.

"I... What?" Y/N sat there like a fish with their mouth open I mean I KNOW I've been awkwardly asking for information but I actually AM clueless right now. Y/N felt like crying as they remembered previous conversations from a few minutes or so ago.

"With all due respect your grace, you were quite easy to read," Kaeya's voice spoke up from Y/N's other side, "The fact is you also have quite the presence, especially to us vision users whom you have guided before," 

Y/N looked down into their drink and silently wished it was alcohol. They sighed and let out a breathy laugh before shaking their head with a smile. "I just had to make sure I was actually in the..." Right place? Do I even want to be here? What about my original world? Am I a descender? "...World I've um guided, I'm sorry for not telling you of my suspicions from the start since I kind of just woke up here," yeah that.

Diluc put a glass that he was in the middle of cleaning down looking a bit relieved at the fact that the god he's had a journey with doesn't distrust him specifically, but instead the circumstances they landed in. 

"It's quite alright Y/N," He said with a small nod, "I too would act cautious when in a situation I'm unsure about,"

Y/N smiled and laughed again, Zeph looked at its owner and also let out a small noise that can only be what someone could imagine a slime laughing is. It closed its eyes as it happily floated to Kaeya and started to play with his ahoge thing. 

"I'm not quite sure what to do now that I'm here," Y/N said, deep down they were a little scared too. The world of Teyvat doesn't seem like an easy place to live in especially when you explore its secrets, and when it came to secrets they knew a lot considering the lore they've sat through with quests and watched a few videos of. 

"I don't really have mora on me and I'm not sure I can even keep guiding vision users while being here..." a sad expression crept onto their face causing the bard next to them to feel pity and a bit of disappointment. Though in his heart he felt as though meeting this kind, mysterious, outsider god was enough in exchange for them not being able to guide him directly anymore for they have done more than enough to help him. 

The same went for the two brothers, their kind words and protective, loving nature were enough for them. 

Y/N motioned for Zeph to come back to their arms and gave it a hug as they kept talking. "I'm not sure what abilities I have now, or what I can even do in Teyvat but... I can always try to stay by the side of vision users and help them in any way I can," and also I can't help but want to meet them. They smiled brightly at the characters near them and it was almost comical as Venti cried out loud in happiness at their declaration. 

"I think finding our guide here calls for another bottle of wine master Diluc," He said, and for once Diluc simply just handed the bottle to the bard and just added the cost to his tab. The winery owner couldn't stop thinking about how Y/N had ended up staying at his mansion to recover from the fainting incident. 

Him. Housing the god he has admired for the majority of their journey.

Diluc smiled to himself as Y/N and Kaeya started to converse in front of him. 

"So uh... Kaeya..." Y/N looked around awkwardly as they built the courage to talk to the Kheanrian prince in front of them, "How much do you guys hear when I talk while guiding you?"

Kaeya's face turned smug all of a sudden, a smirk appearing on his face which Zeph squeaked at quietly. "I hear about enough to know you admire me," He said, sliding a bit closer to Y/N whose face started to heat up a bit thinking about all the out-of-pocket things they've said while playing with Kaeya on their team. 

"What exactly though?" Y/N laughed awkwardly, worry starting to creep up in the back of their mind about the specifics and what the characters hearing what they say means. What about lore? Spoilers? My theories? I feel like if they had that information at some point war will break out again, especially with how I've stated I distrusted Celestia multiple times due to all the suspicious things it's done. 

Y/N shifted in their seat as Kaeya shrugged, a strange expression on his face that they couldn't quite read. "That's a conversation for a different time," He said before taking a sip of his wine. "What's that supposed to mean?!?" Y/N's voice said a bit louder than before, frustration and embarrassment evident in the pitch of it.

Diluc sighed as he finished making another drink for a customer, "If it makes you feel better Y/N the things I've heard from you are quite entertaining," Y/N closed their mouth and thought for a moment. That doesn't narrow down what they hear, at this point I don't mind too much about them hearing my simping cause well... who wouldn't simp for such pretty characters? I'm just scared my lore-dropping will end that world.

"Well then, I expect you guys to tell me in detail as to what exactly you heard me say for um... Personal reasons," They said before looking down at their glass and Zeph who seemed to be asleep again, "in the meantime I have time for more grape juice, maybe I'll try dandelion wine now that Venti's here,"

Diluc smiled and pulled out the bottle of grape juice from before and poured Y/N another glass. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sorry for not updating last week besties, I was busy cause family from overseas visited and I had to go out and touch grass 😞

I've also been having a bit of writer's block but I'll blame school for that. I hope you guys enjoyed this pretty short chapter ^-^

Also we reached 1k reads :D