Chapter Eight

Kaden's POV

Sometimes I wonder to myself why I chose this career path, well is not like it is my first job, that would be interior design but construction was just something on the side, something I should rarely do but now I found myself doing more than rarely.

I carried the buckets of paint through the stairs towards the attic. The kitchen was already done and the focus was now onto the living room, but I split the work and decided to start on the attic, which Jessie had mention to want it to be her art room.

I thought I might as well be nice enough and have her art studio ready, she spends too much time in this house so she may be distracted up here when I finish it instead of annoying me everywhere I go. I put the buckets down and went to open one.

"What are you doing."

"Oh for Christ sake don't you have work?" I turned around to see Jessie looking at the buckets and me on the floor.

"No I'm on vacay."

"And you are spending them in here?" I looked at her in disbelief.

"Someone has to supervise you, God knows you might accidentally burn down the house just to spite me." She grabbed one of the paint brushes from the floor.

"Put that down, and that's not true... completely." I managed to open the paint bucket, these things are sealed way too fucking hard. "What do you even work as?"

"I'm my own boss." Jessie shrugged.

"Of what?"

"I own an art gallery." She answered like it was not a big deal.

Of course she does, she's rich.

"Color me surprised." I rolled my eyes and stood up, I took the brush from her hands and went to dip it on the bucket of white paint.

"Hey! Don't be a bitch Kaden, I just want to help out I'm bored."

"Get a real job then." I said and started painting the wall.

"Fuck you." I heard her say, not paying attention to her anymore.

"I told you I don't do married women." I turned my head just so I could see her for a moment. "But even if you I did, I still wouldn't fuck you, to be honest."

I saw her as she grabbed another of the brushes and dipped it in paint, "As if you weren't ogling my ass every other day."

"A one time thing."

"And ever since you started working in the house." Jessie annoyingly pointed out as she started painting the wall besides me.

I had taken off the ugly wallpaper this attic used to have and decided to paint it instead of putting another one, whoever was the previous owner they didn't have a good eye for decoration at all. As proved already by other rooms in the house. It makes me wonder what prompted Jessie and her husband to buy such house.

"I'm not blind, that doesn't mean I want to fuck you though." I eyed her up and down and focused back on the wall.

"What if I found that offending?" She referred to what I just did.

"I haven't heard you complain, you have pointed it out a bunch of times and none were complaining." I went and put more white paint on the brush.

"And what if I do?" Jessie repeated challengingly.

I stopped painting and turned to her again. "Okay then say it."

She narrowed her eyes at me but I could see her hesitation along with her stubbornness, it made me want to roll my eyes, "I want you to stop ogling me."