Chapter Twelve

Kaden's POV

"So Kaden, how have you been lately?" Candace asked from across the table.

I looked up from my glass of wine, glancing between her and my dad before settling my sight on her. "Not much to tell... pretty boring actually."

I tried to push away the memories of the other night with Jessie out my head.

More like just push out the thought of Jessie all together.

"She's working with me." My dad joined the conversation.

"For you dad, you are not working on the house." I cleared up. We were on our monthly family dinner at a restaurant, this is something he and Candance came up with so we would bond more with each other. Besides the monthly dinner there's also movie night and occasional trips together but those don't happen often.

"Same thing Kade, speaking of, how is it going? You guys should be more than halfway through with it." He took a bite out of his pasta.

"Yeah maybe a month or two left and we'll be done with the house. They might as well would've made one from scratch rather than changing up so many things." I shrugged and put my fork down.

"I heard the owner of the house went to high school with you." Candance commented making me look at my dad, who gave me an apologetic smile.

"She did, but we weren't really friends just happened to know each other. It was a small town." See it wasn't a lie because Jessie and I were not friends by any means and we in fact just happened to know each other because it was a small town and Morgan used to be obsessed with her.

I didn't even like her back then... and now I ate her out in the house she'll share with her husband... that I'm building basically.

It's messed up.

If you told me ten years ago that that would happen... I would probably throw up or laugh.

"Okay..." Candance looked from me to my dad. "So, I was thinking we could maybe go on a little trip this weekend."

I bit my lip and looked at my dad... who was looking at her with a fool in love's smile. God's sake, he will never make a move, not unless I help him. So I got the perfect idea, "Sure, where to?"

That caused a smile to appear on my so called mother's face, "I rented a cabin near lake Moraine for the weekend, we could go on car and have it be a road trip."

"I would love to." I said knowing well I wasn't planning on going.

"Sounds like a great idea to me." My dad agreed to the plans.

"Perfect!"

"Yeah perfect." I mumbled watching the both of them.

I looked through my phone while my dad asked for the check, I like to pay for my stuff but when I'm out eating with my parents... well there has to be some perks in life.

You gotta be kidding me.

Jessie Miller

Can we talk?

Oh so now she wants to talk? She has been avoiding me ever since and now she wants to talk? It's unbelievable! She's fucking unbelievable!

We don't have to talk when she wants to! Why can't it be when I want to? No, I won't even answer to her. She can wait till I want to talk.

Jessie Miller

Please Kaden.

Oh fuck my life.

I put my phone down and looked up to see my dad and Candance stand up from the table. I followed suit and walked with them out of the restaurant. We all had come in our own cars so we parted ways here.