Chapter Fifteen

Kaden's POV

"Does that look a queen sized bed to you?" I pointed to the bunk bed in the room.

"Maybe they meant this to go in the guest room." Luis took off his cap and scratched his head.

"Man that's a lightning McQueen bunk bed and the other rooms were furnished yesterday." Joan looked at the bed and chuckled.

"They brought the wrong one, this is just great." I grumbled and got out of the room, taking my phone out my pocket I went to dial Jessie.

Three times I called her and none did she answer.

Why? I have no fucking idea. The one time I need her to be pestering around the house she's not here!

"Mrs. O'Connor is not answering, I'm going to call my dad." I told Tom who was out in the hall installing some new lamps. I dialed him twice before giving up.

What is with no one picking up their phone today?

I might be forced to either call her husband or go to her work. I know where she works because she happened to mention it to Jen on Sunday when we were at the lake house because Jen was interested in buying some paintings.

The bed might not seem like a big deal but we were supposed to have the bedrooms and bathroom ready this week. There's not much left to do in the house other than the basement and some minor arrangements here and there. We have a deadline that we are supposed to meet for the house.

"My dad is not answering, either." I sighed and looked back at the room with the ridiculous bed. "Dismantle that thing I'm going to go talk to Mrs. O'Connor personally and I'll let you guys know what to do with that, she'll probably sent it back." I said laugh enough for Joan, Luis and Tom to hear.

My options where either go see her or call her husband. I rather do the former for obvious reasons.

"Will do boss." I heard Joan reply with a mocking tone, making me roll my eyes as I grabbed my car keys.

While we were at the lake house yesterday Jessie remained cold towards me, she would make conversation with anyone but with me. I guess she was really annoyed about me sleeping with Grace, but it was ridiculous to me.

So I played her game and ignored her as well. If she wanted to be childish so could I.

All that and I still accepted to not sleep with anyone else. I'm such an idiot.

I haven't entered the art gallery before but I had drove past it before. I was amazed to know it was her's the place was beautiful from the outside, I can't imagine how it looks from the inside.

Parking in front of it I took a second to take in the sight of the building. I exited my car and walked in past the security guards on the entrance, stopping by the desk with the woman behind it.

"Hello." I said to the woman. Looking at her from up close she was very attractive.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The woman asked, hazel eyes almost shining behind her glasses.

"I'm here to see Jessica O'Connor?"

Her expression turned into one of surprise, "Oh, mrs. O'Connor doesn't have anymore meetings scheduled for today."

"I didn't schedule one." I chuckled.

"Then I can't let you go see her, I'm really sorry." She wasn't being rude about it, not at all.