𝑜𝓃𝑒 ♜

rays of sun beamed through the windows, glistening on your notebook. as a student at the akademiya you swore you would study as much as you could, it was a gift really to be able to learn here. so you made sure you were above all your peers, slowly carving a path towards being a feeble scholar, or maybe more. there was a simple problem though, alhaitham. he was the top of his class, with you behind him. you hated his presence, to you he was nothing, nothing but a obstacle. he never even studied as much you, he didn't work as hard as you, so why? why was he on top of you. you hated him. you hated how he got everything you wanted, without even putting effort. one day, you'll be above him, you swore. you shouldn't, couldn't, let him get him get in front of you. 

your grip tightened on your quill.

"[name]? are you ok?" you look up from your book. "yes, i'm fine, i was just irritated on something." you quickly say. 

i have to stop thinking about him, he's clearly having a impact on my studies... 

"[name]!" you felt a hand smack against your head, your eyes widened due to the shock from the impact. "stop zoning out, your supposed to be helping me." rumi frowned, letting out a pout. rumi was your best friend from ever since you joined the akademiya, your roomate. she wasn't as smart as you, but she wasn't stupid either. right now you were supposed to be helping her, but instead you were thinking of that man. "sorry rumi, like i said, i'm not feeling the best today, let's study later?" you say closing your notebook. rumi clicked her tongue. "you were thinking about him? hm?" your body tenses up, "who?" you ask, ever so cluelessly. "alhaitham." your fists tighten up. "whatever." you mutter before getting up and leaving. 

it was a monday morning, you and rumi had decided to go down to the library, to collect some research for your studies. little did you know who would be there. the one and only, alhaitham. "rumi, what is he doing here?" you scowl. "i don't know, i think he's playing chess." she says pointing to board in front of him. "by himself?" rumi shrugged. but you continued to look at the male fidgeting with the black chess pieces. "you know, you should go play with him." rumi chuckled. "that's a horrible idea, why would i join him? of all people? hm?" you snap back. but you did think about it. "rumi, he annoys me so much." you say, a slight pink dusted on your face. "i know, jeez, your obsessed about getting better than him." she lets out a sigh. to which you raise a eyebrow to. "i will get better. i know." you shut your eyes, as you leaned on a bookshelf. "hey [name], i think i know where to find what your looking for." rumi said grabbing your hand, to which you let out a scream. well look who's attention you've captured~

ahaitham was always by himself, unless he was with kaveh, but kaveh barely studied, and yet managed to get accepting marks. to be fair alhaitham didn't study that much either. he was naturally gifted, at least that was what everyone would say. at the moment he was simply examining chess pieces. strange. all of this was disturbed when he overheard a faint scream. his eyes widened as two girls zoomed past him, quickly, and irresponsibly. before even think he pulled onto one of their hands, to spare them the trouble of course. 

"you two shouldn't run here." he said, eyes narrowing. "s-sorry..." rumi put her hands up to apologize, you shake away his grip. "well say that to her." he pointed towards a teacher who was watching from afar. "[name]! as a high ranked student i expect you to not encourage this behavior! you are lucky he stopped you!" you looked down at your feet. you didn't mean too, rumi had dragged you... and how? how where you lucky? was it because he stopped you, because he's better than you. because he's more mature. more responsible. you thoughts riled up in a angry ball. oh how you wanted to smack him at the moment.... what was so special about him?

"[name]!" a voice called out to you. "huh?" you look up to be met with a very angry librarian. "[name]! what is going on? first you run around, now you don't focus when i'm lecturing you!?" she snapped her fingers two times. "i will not tolerate this behavior, at all, and you," she glared over at rumi, "what is your part in this?" she growled. "i... i ran with [name]... and we um... well, yeah that's it." rumi said nervously. "why were you two running?" rumi looked over towards you before looking back at the teacher. "we... just wanted something to study with... i kind've dragged her, you know? because i wanted to show her something..." the teacher hushed rumi before looking back at you. "punishment... will be given, this afternoon, in my office." the teacher said, giving you both a pass. "i'll see what happened on the camera's myself." she said, walking away. 

"how immature..." alhaitham scoffed. that was it. your final straw. "can you ever be quiet?" you growl back at him. "what? are you mad because your in trouble [last name]?" he teased, yet with such a blank expression. he knew your name? "trouble? it was a mere accident." you snaped back. "why are you getting so worked up? clearly your mad, hm?" he said, in a more serious tone. "if you don't shut up i will not hesitate to smack you right now." you say, now facing him. his eyes widen, taken aback from your words. "i did not expect you to be such a violent person... you seem so much more calm around other, are you ok?" oh so now he asks you if your ok, what was up with him. "i am ok! god... come on let's go rumi." you say grabbing your friends hand. "well, i didn't mean to annoy you.."