BONUS: Gorge-ous

Leon's POV; A Twisted Fantasy, Chapters 2/3.

-------

An incessant ache pounded against my temple, like someone had hit me with a 2x4, yanked me from the black fog of sleep. Slowly, I began to fade in. The muscles of my back ached, the cool air around me nipping at my exposed arms, and my wrists...

My eyes snapped open as I was suddenly aware of the tight metal clamps around my wrists. I was in a run down house, a shed more like, with bags of sand, random gardening tools and other bits of junk lining the walls. Pale rays of sunlight poured in through the window, meaning I couldn't have been out for long.

I jerked forward, trying to climb to my feet before a weight pulled me back down. A quick glance over my shoulder revealed a man behind me, our backs pressed together as his head lazily hung in front of him. I twisted at the chains around my wrists. There was wiggle room, but not a lot. My fingers prodded at the links, looking for any weakness in the metal that just wasn't there. We were bound together. I sighed, dropping my fingers.

"Hey," I said, glancing over my shoulder to the man again and nudging him, "Hey, wake up."

His shoulder length black hair hung like a curtain in front of his face. It was the same man from the house, the one locked in the cabinet with his mouth bound. Images of the hulking village leader flickered in my mind. His aged skin twisted into a scowl, with mismatched eyes that stared daggers through me.

The fucker threw me into a dresser.

The man behind me stirred, his back shifting against mine as he slowly picked up his head. His neck craned back as he spoke, "Ay, ay, ay," He hissed, his words thick with the accent from the region. He glanced at the space around us, "Crawl out of one hole, and into another," He sighed.

"You wanna tell me what's going on here?" I asked, my tone short. I need answers.

"Americano, si? Now, what brings a bloke like you into this part of the world?" He asked, glancing back. I tugged on the chains again, making sure they nipped at his wrists. "Wow, oh. Easy, whoever you are," The man said, hissing as he repositioned his hands. I sighed again before answering him.

"Name's Leon, and I came here looking for a girl," I said, my head tilting toward the ceiling.

"Aren't we all," He answered, "So what, are you like a cop or something, or a gun for hire perhaps?"

I didn't answer for a moment, "Something like that." Gun for hire wasn't too far from the truth, and it might be best to just let him think that instead of knowing where my allegiance lies. Working for the government isn't something I was going to volunteer while tied to a stranger in the middle of enemy territory.

"Let me guess...," He said, dragging out the last letter to feign ignorance for a brief second, "She's the president's daughter." His voice dropped on the last few words.

My eyes shot back to him, so he does know something. "That's too good for a guess, wanna start explaining?" He was silent, craning his neck back slightly to stare at the ceiling.

"Psychic powers...," He said, his voice quiet. I turned further, meeting his eye as I dropped my mouth into a frown. Please don't tell me I've managed to find the only crazy non-infected person in the area. "Nah, just kidding with you amigo. I overheard some of the villagers talking, something about the president's daughter being held captive. They talked about a secret passage leading to the church grounds somewhere in the village."

So she is here, our intel was correct. They must be keeping her outside the main village, maybe guarded by that jolly gray giant who has a thing for destroying furniture.