our babies are coming - part two (requested)

Hours have gone by since you first arrived at the hospital and though you've made some progress, it almost feels as though your babies are never going to come.

You're sitting on the floor with Chaeryeong in front of you, her hands wrapped in yours as you squeezed them with all of your might.

Each pain was worse than the last, making groans and sobs leave your lips every time the next one would hit.

"Y/N," Chaeryeong softly said as she pulled one of her hands out of your strong, tight grip. "Come on, baby. You can let it all out. I know you're hurting bad, just let it out."

You couldn't hold back the sound of pain on your lips any longer and buried your face in her shirt with a loud groan.

"That's my girl." She said as she used her free hand to rub your back. "I know it's horrible. But it's going to be so worth it."

"Yeah, if they'd ever come." You grumbled as the pain faded away momentarily. "I'm convinced they're staying inside of me longer just to torture me."

She knew it was the pain and frustration talking so she just chuckled and let you grumble.

If it made you feel a little better, she was willing to do anything, including listening to your frustrations.

"Please just make it stop, Chaeryeong." You pleaded as you looked at her with sad, tired eyes. "It's been hours. It just keeps dragging on. I'm so tired and I just want it to be over."

It broke her heart because she knew, at the end of the day, there wasn't anything she could do.

It was your body and as much as she wished she could make them come now and it would be done and over with, it was your body's choice as to when that would happen and she couldn't control it.

"It won't be too long now, sweet girl. I promise." She said.

And as the words left her lips, she watched that look of pain reappear in your eyes as it returned and with a vengeance.

"Chaeryeong," You groaned.

"Okay, it's okay, my girl. I've got you." She said as she rubbed your back comfortingly.

"Please let me hold both your hands again, please."

She didn't hesitate and gave you her other hand to hold once more.

And though you squeezed the life out of it, she didn't care at all and kept her focus on you.

It wasn't helping you and that was all that mattered.

"You're doing so good." She encouraged as a loud groan of agony left your lips. "Good job, baby."

She thought it was over.

She figured, as you lifted your head to look up at her, that it would be with a look of relief and you'd both continue to impatiently wait for your babies to get a move on.

But she saw a different look in your eyes - one of surprise and fear.

And she knew right away what was happening.

"Is it time?"

You nodded, knowing that your body was ready to move on to the next step of this terrible experience, and Chaeryeong jumped up to go get help.

When she returned, she helped you up onto the hospital bed and let you squeeze her hand tightly with your shaking one.

The time had arrived and there was no turning back now, and as she whispered words of love and encouragement into your ear, you took a deep breath as your heart hammered against your chest, knowing that your lives were about to change forever.

It was a long and agonizing process but a little over a couple of hours later, you were curled up on the hospital bed with Chaeryeong.

With one baby on your chest and the other in her arms, you couldn't take your eyes off of your precious little angels.

"Welcome to the world, babies." Chaeryeong smiled as she stared at your son and your daughter with a look of love in her teary eyes.

She looked at you as a tear slipped down her cheek and quickly leaned in, stealing a loving kiss from your lips.

"I'm so proud and so amazed by you." She said as she pulled away.

"Thank you." You said as you put your head on her shoulder.

"Happy birthday, babies. We're so proud and so happy to be your mom's."