The Founders sort some things out

Helena woke up the next morning with a feeling of .. she didn't really know. She would have said it wasn't right except that everything else except this felt right.

She opened her eyes and looked around. She was in a large room, as big as Ryan's. And it was decorate in silver and green as well - her favourite colours. The bedspread was yellow and black though. She shrugged as she sat up and tried to think.

The pretty lady and nice man had come and said that they wanted to be her mummy and daddy because James and Lily weren't doing their job right. And they had brought another nice man and lady who they said could be her uncle and aunt. But not like the other ones, and they didn't have a loud obnoxious cousin.

The door creaked open and she began scrambling out of the large, soft warm bed. The pretty lady, the one who said she could call her Mummy, came in. "Helena, why are you in such a hurry?" Helena froze. She must be late. "I...I'm sorry. It won't happen again." The lady frowned, anger pooling in her eyes. What had she done wrong? Helena shrank back and the pretty lady gasped. "No Helena, I don't want you to have to be like that." "Like what?" The lady sighed and a tear streaked down her cheek. "Scared darling, scared and worked half to death. We have seen too many children in your situation. We used to work in a school and some of the children had a home life much like yours. Look at me Helena. Your parents and then those horrible Muggles neglected and abused you. It was not right and you should not feel ashamed of it. " Helena didn't understand. James and Lily had told her that she was an attention seeking bitch and the Dursleys had told her she was a freak. They were grown ups so they must be right. She explained this carefully to the pretty lady. "No Helena. You aren't any of the horrible things that anyone has ever called you. You are special and talented and beautiful. We haven't known you for very long but we love you darling. The Potters and the Dursleys were horrible to you. They were not speaking the truth, they were trying to hurt you." Helena's five year old brain tried to comprehend what the lady was saying. It finally dawned. The people who had been so horrible to her were wrong! She wasn't a freak or an attention seeking bitch! And this lovely lady had yesterday said that he would be her Mummy. She burst into tears and flung herself at the lady.

She was caught and held in warm, safe arms, surrounded by a comforting smell that she would later learn was earth and sun dried hay. Footsteps came into the room and the man came in. His eyes looked sad when he saw her and he came and sat down next to the pretty lady. They talked to her and comforted until she didn't feel like crying anymore. She felt safer and happier than she could ever remember feeling. She trusted these people like Uncle Sirius and Uncle Sev and her few other friends. So she gathered her five year old courage."Can I call you Mummy and Daddy? I've never had a Mummy and Daddy just a James and Lily." The lady, Mummy, burst into tears and the man whispered to her that this meant yes.

Then time seemed to fly. They were having breakfast with the other nice people who she had been told were Uncle Godric and Auntie Rowena. Her clothes were being sorted through by her new Mummy and Auntie 'This won't do at all, Helena will need a whole new wardrobe and she can't just have Hufflepuff and Slytherin colours Helga.'. Uncle Godric and her new Daddy were teaching her Wizarding chess. They were explaining to her that they were actually the Founders, which made her squeal and pelt them with questions like a hailstorm, and that Fate and Magic had brought them back to look after her because she , not Ryan, was the Girl Who Lived.Then they were going by Floo, she liked Flooing because it was warm and tickly, to the Leaky Cauldron.

Mummy held her hand and led her into Diagon Alley. "Mummy," Helena whispered, enjoying the sound of the word in her mouth, " where are we going?" Her new Daddy came next to her and took her other hand. "We are going to have to endure the torture that is clothes shopping. It was very easy when we were first alive - you made it all by yourself. But now you have to spend Galleons and Galleons on clothes. Rowena and Helga love it though.Weve only been on one trip and they've spent about 30,000 Galleons already because they had to get wardrobes for everyone. It was horrible." Helena giggled and Salazar beamed down at her. She had been abused to most of her life and had to study an live through stealth and deceit, but a little love and care and she was already blooming.