the Wizengamot Session

Five years later...

"Helena? It's time to get up darling." Helga's melodic voice filtered through the shroud of sleep in the ten year olds mind. She groaned and turned over. She heard similar noises from Nym and Luna on either side of her, who had stayed for her pre birthday sleepover, as had Neville and Draco. Percy and the Twins couldn't come because Ginny's birthday was that day and she didn't know how to share.

Helga opened the door, eyes sparkling with mischief. " If you aren't down in five minutes, the pancakes wil no longer be warm and Salazar and Godric will have eaten them all."

Half an hour later, the pancakes were all gone and five children were blinking sleepily, full of pancakes. They were sitting in the living room, the size of a small hall, on the cost chaises around the fireplace.

Helga came in just then. "There is one reason that I am glad the Twins and Percy aren't here and that is Mrs Weasley. She runs iron shod over all of our customs and traditions and then complains about our Slytherin decor. The last time she was here, she whined that we shouldn't rub our money in other people's faces! Ugh, I swear I will hex her the next time she pisses me off, I don't care if she declares a Blood Feud on me." Helena and her friends giggled, imagining that hexing a thousand years ago would be far different to hexing today.

At that moment, Godric rushed in with Rowena over his shoulder and a helplessly laughing Salazar behind. Godric announced that Rowena had said that if they didn't start getting ready, they would be late to the Wizengamot session. For some reason, it was on the same day as Ginny's birthday and exactly the same time as her party. No one suspected that it was a coincidence- everyone in Pureblooded society except Dumbledore's stooges loathed her and her two favoured children, pitying the unfortunate members of the family who were lovely but stuck with three nightmares.

Lord Weasley was said to be filing for divorce.

All of Helena's friends were their parents heirs, though none except perhaps the Malfoys could even remotely compare with the wealth and power of one of Helena's family's houses.

But they obediently scattered and began to get ready. They all obeyed the unwritten law which was that Heirs should wear white, even Nym and Helena, who were already Ladies but were underage so had proxies.

Luna's robe were actually fairly ordinary, until you looked at the intricate ivory patterns and realised that they depicted whichever fascinating creatures House Lovegood was interested in at the time. Neville's robes had plants, Draco's swans and dragons and Nym's bears and bees. Helena's depicted her ten house crests. She wore her Heir and Ladyship rings as well, though her parents and aunt and uncle were her proxies because she couldn't be bothered to deal with the fighting when she picked one or two of them, or so she said.

Dressed in their elegant robes, with Heir or Lord/Ladyship rings glinting on their fingers, the nine made a handsome sight as they made their way through the Ministry to meet with the Lords Malfoy and Lovegood and the Dowager Ladies Tonks and Longbottom. Lord Weasley and Percy were also waiting for them there. While Bill and Charlie were older than Percy, neither of them had inherited the Family Magic as strongly as Percy had and Bill preferred Cursebreaking to Politics while Charlie preferred Dragons. They had plenty of money and excitements. Neither of them enjoye the subtleties of politics anyway and it was Percy's passion. Spoiled Ronald and Ginevra had thrown a fit when they found out, though they couldn't do anything.

The group met up outside the doors to the waiting room, with Sirius showing up several seconds later in silver and black robes embroidered with Grims, the symbol of House Black, and motorcycles, because he could. So far, no one outside the close friends and family had noticed them.Which wasn't good considering that they were embroidered into every pair of 'Wizengamot robes' that he owned.