I.I

Catalina sat anxiously in the living room, waiting for her husband to come home

Catalina sat anxiously in the living room, waiting for her husband to come home. He'd finally be back from deployment and she couldn't be happier.

Their son, Christopher, was fast asleep in his room.

She took a sip of her tea as she stared at the family picture they had on the coffee table. Christopher wasn't even a year old yet in it.

She and Eddie had gotten into a terrible argument over Christopher before he left.

He needed time away, a distraction from everything and she intended on giving it to him.

Christopher's diagnosis didn't scare her for long, mostly because she loved him too much. Not that Eddie didn't love their son; he just needed more time to wrap his head around it all.

Eddie had been gone for two years now, leaving Catalina and his abuela to raise Christopher on their own.

He'd call every now and again but would only talk to his abuela. Catalina didn't want to talk to him until he was back home and safe.

A knock on the door snapped her out of her thoughts. Her heart raced as she set down the mug and walked towards the front door with a thin blanket wrapped around her.

With a deep breath, she unlocked the door and turned the knob, opening it to find her husband standing there in regular clothes with a giant duffle bag over his shoulder.

Catalina could feel her eyes brimming with tears as she looked at him. She never realized how much she missed him until he was standing right in front of her.

"Can I come in?" He joked, making her laugh before throwing herself into his arms. He threw his duffel bag to the side to catch her, holding her impossibly close to himself.

"Te extrañe mucho." She said through tears as he kissed her dark hair. "Yo también." He said back. Tears slipped down his face as he carried her into the house. She finally let go once he set her down so he could get his bag and close the door.

(I missed you so much. ; Me too.)

He looked back at her and the only thing he could think of was how beautiful she looked.

"Don't ever leave us again, Eddie." He shook his head as he cradled her face in his hands, using his thumbs to wipe away the tears that fell. "This was my last trip. I'm here to stay, for good now." He reassured her before kissing her with such longing and desperation.

Her arms wrapped around his neck as one of his wrapped around her waist and the other held the back of her neck.

They missed each other more than they cared to admit.

The way their bodies fit so well together. The feeling of her fingers in his hair. The feeling of his heavy hands on her body.

Once they parted, Catalina stayed in his arms. She had missed his embraces.