In The Open

You stood up slowly and walked over to where the crowd was.

Outside looked. . . Peaceful.

The sky was a calm blue, trees were scattered around. It would have been nicer if it wasn't so bright. Because of how dark the room you woke up in is, your eyes had to take a moment to adjust to the sudden change.

Despite how peaceful the outside world looked, it was unfamiliar to you. Everything was unfamiliar to you. The unfamiliar scenery in front of you made you want to stay in the darkened room.

The thought of adventure seemed nice to you, and there wasn't any food in that room you were in. Yet, you could do with a few more hours of sleep.

You made up your mind, inhaling before stepping into the light. Everyone that was inside that room with you was now only a few steps ahead of you.

However
It is never that easy.

Your body started to tense when you heard screams. You looked around but nobody in your line of sight was in any danger.
You noticed that when you looked over your left shoulder the screams weren't as muffled as they were when you looked over your right shoulder. You were certain that the screams were coming from around the corner.

Without thinking, you dashed over, your eyes frantically searching for someone, anyone.

And then.
You see someone.

He was being dragged backwards by something.
It looked like there was nothing there but his screams made you think otherwise.
You ran towards him as he started to get lifted up by the unseen force.
Your grip on his arm made the thing loosen. However, he was still in the air.
You started to walk backwards in an attempt to get the man back onto the floor.

His eyes widened. He must've thought that nobody would save him. But here you are.

The thing lost it's grip, and you fell backwards landing on the ground.

The good news is that he isn't being lifted by anything anymore.

The bad news. . .
The thing that you were inside of started to fly.
The calming blue sky changed into a sickening grey and just like before, everyone started to scream.

You started to stand up.

Purple beams started to fly around you.

The thing had split into three.
.
:AUTHORS NOTE:
I'm sorry for the change of pov's, like one paragraph is written as if it's in the past and the next paragraph is written as if it's happening. I like the 'as if it's happening right now' writing style better so I'm trying to change to that but because I've written so much in the 'in the past' style it's hard to change.
But, I'm going to update this book more and if I can, I'll edit this chapter (and last chapter) so they are all in 'it's happening now' type writing.