A new beginning

Harry and the rest of the wizarding world had just finished fighting against Voldemort and his Death Eaters. Remus, Tonks, Fred and many more had died for him. The Weasleys and all his friends blamed him for it. He couldn't live like this.

Just after killing Voldemort, he went directly to Andromeda's house. She was Tonks mother. He knocked on the door. Nobody answered. He took his wand out and cautiously opened the door.

A woman's body layed there. A pool of red blood growing in size.

"Andromeda! What happened?"

"A Death Eater," she gasped, "Don't try to cure me, get Teddy and leave, the adoption papers are with him."

"No no no no! Teddy needs you! You are his only family left,"

"You will be a great father..."

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head. Her last words. He would make her proud. Harry ran upstairs to find a crying Teddy.

"Hello Teddy. It's, me. Harry,"

"Hally!"

Teddy made hand gestures towards his godfather. Harry picked him up, put his clothes and toys in the bag with the papers and apearated to New York.

A week passed and Harry had managed to buy a little apartment next to the library where he worked. A nice old muggle man had let Harry work there, even before he turned eighteen. He even let Teddy stay there until Harry finished his shift.