Late inheritance

*Hadrian's POV*

I returned with Teddy in my arms. Teddy had bright blue hair now and was babbling happily at me, not realising the frustration radiating from me.

"I need all of these blocks removed this instant. I know you will have a price, name it," I ordered while giving Teddy to Wanda.

"80 galleons, we made a discount as you saved us all from the Dark Lord after all," I nodded, accepting the price, and followed the goblin to the ritual room. 

I entered the room and saw that there was a giant window were all my companions were looking at me through. A goblin healer told me to take all my clothes off and to wrap the towel around my waist. Once the goblin left to give me some privacy, I started to remove layer after layer until I was left with only my boxers on. I remembered that they were all watching me throught the window and I turned to face them. I made motions with my hands for them to turn around. When they finallt got the message and followed my orders, I finished taking my clothes off and wrapped the towel around my waist.

"It will be less painfull if you take those hidding spells that you put on yourself," the goblin healer told me as she came back in.

My eyes widened in shock but still raised my wand anyway. I muttered the counter spell weakly and let my true physical form. I was much thinner and paler. My face was shallow and my hair wasn't taken care of, it was long and tangled. My arms were littered with recent looking scars while my torso, back and sometimes my legs had many faded scars. My wrists and neck were still raw and the usual brightness and sparkle from my eyes were gone, being replaced by tired, dull and depressed ones. I had truely changed and wasn't my true self anymore. War had shown the worst of people, including me. But those people had then taken their worst on me, making it much worse on me. 

I turned around to face my family, me head bent low in shame and embarassment. I could hear their gasps. Wanda had one mouth over her hand, her eyes shinning with tears, Pietro hugging her in comfort although having a few tears of his own. Peter was in Harley's arms as his legs had given away, his face all red and blotchy from weeping non-stop. Loki, Tony and Bucky had their eyes shut tight. Steve was holding tightly onto Tony. Bruce was breathing heavily while Natasha tried to calm him down. Thor was gripping his hammer's handle extra hard and Clint had turned around. 

"Starts the ritual"

I laid on the floor as she started the ritual. It was the most painful thing I had ever experienced, and I had died. My body twisted and withered in pain, it started at my magic core and then travel through my veins to all of my body. My vision was being clouded by tears and black dotts. I tried to contain my screams but they eventually escaped from my lips, making my throat sore. 

*Wanda's POV*

It was already bad enough to see his real self and now he was on the floor screaming his thoat hoarse. His back arched and his eyes were wide open, tears streaming down. He hair was sticking to his forehead with sweat and his fists were drawing blood to his palms. I turned around and dragged Peter with me and created a bubble around us, blocking his screams. I held onto the both of them, gripping them like if my life depended on it. Peter hugged my back hiding his face on my shirt, even Teddy had a few tears and a sad grey colour for his hair. 

Bruce and Clint had also entered our bubble. Bruce's face was blank, but Clint's eyes were blood shot red and puffy. It must be hard for him, especialy having children of his own around Hadrian's age. Clint was crying on Bruce's shoulder as the man tried to comfort him. 

I sat on the floor with my back on the wall. I had Peter sitting on me like a koala holding onto the tree with Teddy between us. 

-----

It might have been a few minutes or an hour, but they had finally finished with Hadrian. I whispered to Harley to take Peter from me as he had fallen aleep. He held him bridal style and I made my way into the ritual room. 

"I-I under... stand if yo-you don't wan-t to be with... me anymore..." Hadrian whispered with a hoarse, raspy voice between breaths. 

I dropped on my knees next to him, parting his sweaty hair from his face. "Don't, don't say that. We'll all help you get better, if you had told us before, we would have started to help you earlier," I whispered to him. 

"I'm sorry..."

And he fell unconcious again.

{Please comment on what you think Hadrian's creature should be}